Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubeless – need rimstrip help – stan's tubeless
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

OK, as some of you might be aware i have had issues fitting my tubeless setup.
    i read to try 2 lots of rim strips and Et Voila!! it's mounted on the rim now.. BUT i still have a issue. the rim strips i bought are material Velox 17mm strips. these things are f'in useless!! will not stick to anything! i cleaned the rim and wiped it with alcohol wipes still won't stick, tried another (i bought 4) nope still won't stick no matter what i try..

so my question (eventually i hear you say!)are there any complete rim strips that go round the rim in one go no sticking needed? or anything anyone recommends as the Velox material ones are useless..
    thx

cynic-al
    Free Member

Odd, I always found the cloth ones to adhere well.

Is there a reason you are not using the stans yellow tape (or a reasonable priced alternative) or stans rim strip?

fozzybear
    Free Member

Yellow tape?? pardon (new to this tubeless thingy..) 😳

i have stan's spoke tape but it's not enough to lift this tyre to a good enough seal. i have 2 complete revelations of that round the rim already.. appear with this combo (tyre and rim) you need a really built up rim (proven by using 2 velox tape strips, i tried one wouldn't mount, 2 yup mounted now) it now mounted the rim and is staying up (in my office)

fozzybear
    Free Member

yellow tape is wide.. 21mm where as the velox are 17mm (and recommended as 17mm on stans www site.

b17
    Free Member

maybe try spraying some spray adhesive before the velox tape?

gamo
    Free Member

The Joes stuff is used under rim tape just like Stans yellow tape.

fozzybear
    Free Member

and what is the yellow tape sorry? i don't understand..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless – need rimstrip help – stan's tubeless’ is closed to new replies.