Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubeless – Maxxis – NIGHTMARE !
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Thought I would share this – bought folding Maxxis Advantage 120tpi, fitted to Mavic EX729 rims and stans no tubes kit

The tyres, because they are kevlar bead, are a 'mare' to get sealed
    Had to go to local Auto tyre fitting gaff, they managed to inflate but it wasnt easy
    Done now but be aware, UST/LUST or dual ply's are much easier although weight penalty !

boxelder

Guess they're called LUST for a reason.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive run various maxxis tyres tubeless no problems at all

Kramer
    Free Member

I've got a High Roller on the front, Advantage on the back, didn't have any problems.

tazzymtb

I've just fitted same tyres to similar rims witha stans kit in about 5 mins a tyre. Did you mount the tyres with a inner tube over night before fitting it? it makes it so much easier. I have a skanky old wheel for the purpose and having had latex squirting swear fests trying to get tyres and rim strips to play it's the best method by far for new tyres. Old tyres always go on easily.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Tazzy, na, think this is where I went wrong, tyres were so bent from being folded up when packaged that they were just a bitch to seat, should have taken off the rim strip and popped on the wheels with a tube !
    Done now though but took a while !

colin@rush
    Free Member

Had the same issue not that long ago the Lust tyres are also folded that causes a crease in the bead i think in 8 places around the tyre, gave up after about 50min, pumped it up with a tube and left it overnight went on in about 5min in the morning 🙂 the first time i've ever had any issue's fitting a tubeless tyre…

bodger
    Free Member

plenty of washing up liquid on the beads, and as a last resort run a strip of duck tape under the rim strip once or twice around is usually enough, I assume you are using a track pump

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless – Maxxis – NIGHTMARE !’ is closed to new replies.