Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tubeless… I take it all back!
  • rewski
    Free Member

so I’ve been Tubeless for two plus years, recently has a few fails with Mud X’s, not getting a decent seal, switch to Spesh Storms, bish bash bosh, fluid top up, decent seal even with a track pump, happy days.

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah, I had a poor experience with Mud Xs and going tubeless..

I like the tyre, but I couldn’t get good, reliable, tubeless performance from them.

So now I run Mud Xs, with tubes.

Will bare the Specilaized tyres you mention, in mind.

andywill

I have had no problems with Mud X’s on Stan’s 355 rims. In fact every Bontrager tyre I have tried has worked perfectly tubeless.

Solo
    Free Member

I have had no problems with Mud X’s on Stan’s 355 rims. In fact every Bontrager tyre I have tried has worked perfectly tubeless.

Yeah, I’m not knocking the tyre, I reckon I just got a pair that may not have had the best beads on them.

I’ve got Mavic X819s, btw, so I can always go back to trying tubeless when I replace my current tyres.
    Have to say, I do like the Mud X, its my year round tyre.

🙂

stumpy01

Original tyres that came with my bike were Spesh Purgatory & Captain. They went up no problem tubeless.
    But, I recently bought a 2Bliss Sauserwind that will not stay sealed for love nor money. I can’t get it to pop onto the rim, which the other tyres did without any bother…..ended up just sticking a tube in it….

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

stumpy01 – I had a similar problem with a sauserwind tyre. It seemed baggier than a captain which went on to 355’s with a track pump no problem.

timc
    Free Member

but by most peoples accounts, you now have a worse tyre 😈

clubber
    Free Member

Funny isn’t it – I’ve found Mud Xs faultless tubeless – all depends on your setup, evidently (Mavic 717 disc with NoFlats rim strip for me)

rewski
    Free Member

XT rims here, to be fair I gave up very quickly. Mud X are a great tyre and have run them tubeless previously but fitted by LBS using a compressor no doubt.

stumpy01

shortbread_fanylion – Member
    stumpy01 – I had a similar problem with a sauserwind tyre. It seemed baggier than a captain which went on to 355’s with a track pump no problem.

It’s weird though, as the Purgatory on the front is really loose. I can put it on/take it off without levers, but it seems to hold it’s shape better.
    The Sauserwind just seems to be really floppy, although the original tyres were on the bike for a couple of months (probably more) before I tubelessed them, so perhaps I should try the Sauserwind again, now it’s been inflated for a while….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless… I take it all back!’ is closed to new replies.