Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Trust in brands
  • pastcaring
    Free Member

brooklyn machine works. great customer service, but the owner is a mate, so doesn’t really count.

turner. again great customer service if thing go wrong.

i can only remember one truly crap bike, and that was a spooky motorhead. they went bust a couple of weeks after i got my frame. so no help what so ever.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I don’t even trust myself, why should I trust something as ethereal as a brand?

nacho
    Free Member

Whyte bikes. Purely on the basis I snapped my 2006 E5 frame last year. I had a replacement 2007 frame delivered to the LBS within a week.

fatmax

oh forgot to say, i trust The Bike Chain ‘brand’ implicitly and with all my heart 😉

mangoridebike

dialled bikes

I’ve bought 3 of their frames without a test ride and each has been fantastic. I’d buy another in a neartbeat if I had the cash.

DaRC_L

Why do I get the earworm of Kaa (from the jungle book) singing
    Trust in brands, just in brands…

Duc
    Free Member

Salsa – because I just got what they were trying to achieve with the Dos niner

Jones – because I get that as well (but can’t afford it)

On One – (as was) because the In-Bred was exactly what I wanted it to be and do and it did it.

Campag because I have always found their products to function perfectly

Bontrager for tyres on teh 29er

Royce for hubs
    CK for Headsets
    Rotor for Chainrings – because again I get what they are trying to achieve
    Thomson for Stems – becasue I appreciate the engineering

And to be fair Orange as well its just they don’t currently make a bike that “does it” for me

However with all of them you have to understand that a designer (who is not you) has designed it and also that production issues, can do and will happen because none of us are prepared to pay the price of “zero defects”

ojom
    Free Member

dialled bikes

I’ve bought 3 of their frames without a test ride and each has been fantastic. I’d buy another in a neartbeat if I had the cash.

You might want to start saving btw… we have something quite cool line up with Dialled Bikes for later in the year.

racefaceec90

every bike that i have bought i hadn’t ridden before buying (i read the reviews in the magazines) my current steed (a 2010 anthem x2) i got because of all the good reviews/owners review.i must say that i totally agree with them (it’s just about perfect for the type of riding that i do) i do not think that i have ever been disappointed with any bike that i have bought.

cinnamon_girl

thebikechain – ygm!

Northwind

There’s nobody I trust to always do it right, but there’s a few I trust to put it right if goes wrong, which is more realistic.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I_Ache is clearly not a fukdik.

He is also spot-on about the shock sizes.

All hail I_Ache!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Specialized – they make great bikes. Their after sales service is second to none.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not Quite sure what a fukdik is but thanks. I think?

mangoridebike

You might want to start saving btw… we have something quite cool line up with Dialled Bikes for later in the year.

That sounds very interesting (and dangerous for my wallet) – would you be able to give any clues?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Trust in brands’ is closed to new replies.