Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Tron Legacy 3D
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Just been to see this this afternoon as an antidote to shopping.

IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

disclaimer – anyone expecting 2 hours of the finest most thought provoking cinema are in for some dissapointment, it’s not Citizen Kane, but if you like the original and don’t want anything too taxing on a Monday afternoon, it goes down a treat.

Still not convinced? I give you Olivia Wilde

jam-bo

I saw it last night. It was rubbish.

I still really enjoyed it

Special_ized_Jamie

Agreed, no deep plot or memorable acting but enjoyable all the same

redthunder
    Free Member
    Cougar

The plot is pish. Just like the first movie.

Saw it in IMAX 3D last night and really enjoyed it. Very, very pretty movie.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Never mind the pictures. What about the soundtrack?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

…..watched it last night in 3d. very disappointed ! (and I wasnt expecting citizen kane)

LycraLout
    Free Member

bit too much plot for me. Less father/son angst and more supergroovy effects would have done

LycraLout
    Free Member

..and, lest we forget

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looking forward to it as I enjoyed the orig.

I was hoping it made some philosophical points about the value of existence, “sentience” etc. What happens to the programs when the computer is turned off? They die, are resurrected on bootup, etc.

A bit like how Roy Batty explains the value of his artificial life at the end of Bladerunner. An opportunity missed to make the unthinking cinema goer think?

thepurist

Saw it on Friday. It’s soooo slow, the dialogue is cringeworthy, there is no sense of suspense or excitement in the plot and absolutely nothing unexpected – BUT it looks fantastic and sounds great. Exactly what I expected really – a bit like Avatar, but shinier.

shoei
    Free Member

Saw it at weekend with my lad.
    Very nice CGI and the ever so lovely Olivia Wilde.
    Just a pity they overlooked the story.
    Cracking soundtrack & cameo by Daft Punk.

But i still enjoyed it.

Mr.T
    Free Member

Awesome visuals, especially on the UK’s biggest IMAX. But yeah, weak plot & fairly poor script. I thought Daft Punk’s tunes could’ve been better too. And that fella who owned the nightclub… What a d!ck.
    I prefered this chick over Olivia…

clubber
    Free Member

So it’s crap but it’s great – sounds like I’ll have to go 🙂 Bizarrely Mrs Clubber is really keen to go too…

69er
    Free Member

Mr T, I agree that lady ^^^^^^^ looked very good from behind…. IGMC

nodrog2
    Free Member

Would agree that it’s crap but great. Visuals and sound track make it worth seeing on the big screen, will probably seem very average on dvd. All the ladies look mighty fine as well, i’m in the Olivia Wilde camp 🙂

I thought Michael Sheens turn as the night club owner was very good, kind of Ziggy Stardust meets the Joker.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nope I really loved it and would go see it again. The dialogue is a weak tho which is a shame. Not very different from Tron actually.

“I fight for the users”

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Tron Legacy 3D’ is closed to new replies.