Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trip to Skye questions
  • xanboy
    Free Member

We are starting planning one of our trips for next year and we are thinking of Skye, but a few question have cropped up, so answers on a postcard please.
    1. Can we get a weeks worth of riding on Skye.
    2. Where is the best place to stay.
    3. Obviously the weather is never predictable but is May going to be one of the better months
    4. Has anyone got any route ideas

Thanks

xanboy
    Free Member

Anyone got any ideas

keppoch

1. A week possible anywhere really but I would say 2-3 days riding would allow time to pick some great rides. (we did two busy days).
    2. We stayed at Glen Brittle campsite. Location pretty but distant, facilities low.
    3. Wacky weather place.
    4. We did Slighachan circuit, Fairy pools and Quirang loop. Of those Quiraing loop was my favourite. There is also a mini trail centre near the bridge.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

1) As keppoch said, really only a couple of days of real interest. Suggest a couple of days there, and two or three days in Torridon
    2) Depends what you want
    3) May is probably the best bet for weather, and is before the midges get to their worst
    4) Sligachan and Quirang

johnny

What the others said. Sligachan and Quirang are ace, especially the latter. Make sure you can bunnyhop a drainage channel though, the Sligachan route is littered with them! Whisky fans should head ot the Sligachan inn afterwards.

We stayed in the youth hostel in Uig, which was OK. Views were fantastic.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Depends what you class as a days riding.

A week would be stretching it on Skye alone but add Harris and Raasay into the mix (if you can get the ferry timings on the former to work for you) and you’ve got yourself the makings of a good trip.

I wouldn’t include the Quairaing in that – very short and far better savoured on foot.

Weather? Spin the dice 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trip to Skye questions’ is closed to new replies.