Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Triathlon version of stw? Any Tri competitors here?
  • genesis
    Free Member

Is there such a thing? So far the ones I've found are devoid of the likes of TJ,SFB etc…. 😉

jedi

tri talk

nice2tri

yetiguy
    Free Member

i am a tri guy, spend most of my time on trifuel

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simon_g

I wouldn't call myself a "competitor" but I've done a few and will do a few more next year. Good reason to go swimming and running over the winter to get some variety.

I don't bother with any of the tri forums though – way too serious for me.

rich_tee
    Free Member

I did my first two this year. Didn't venture onto any Tri sites – as mentioned far toooo serioussss.
    Quite a bit of knowledge here from what I recall. hated the running.

scottishbadger
    Free Member

I 'compete' when I can, and coach at my local club on the side.

Tri Talk is OK – not overly serious IMHO. You can pick up some excellent swimming tips from the training forum.

Most of them are overly fascinated by horrifically expensive time trial bikes, but you do get the odd MTBer.

mtbfix

Man up, step of the fence and pick a sport.

cp

Yep, I've done a couple of sprint distance this year and will be doing some sprint early season next year and then some open water olympic distance stuff later in the year.

If you're serious about understanding your training, Joe Friels 'Triathletes Training Bible' is essential reading.

I'm going to check out those websites above.

I've so far found the two tri's and one big multisport (bike, run, kayak) events fun & friendly, with both extremes of super serious competitor to weekend warriors. Bit like mtb racing really.

Watch out, it's addictive, and more expensive than mountain biking!!!!!

oddjob
    Free Member

I'm a recovering triathlete 🙂 I did 3 or 4 years competing, couple of halfs and a full ironman and then had kids so the time to train dissapeared. Now I am just cycling and TBH happy with that although I miss Manchester Tri club.

I quite like slowtwitch.com but it is more or less totally American which can get a bit annoying at times. I haven't bothered with any other forums, if you want quality chat and boll0cks, then it's here, if you want techy tri-geek, then you'll get it there.

finbar
    Free Member

tritalk.co.uk. Its not like here at all though, everyone's dead friendly 😉

genesis
    Free Member

Chers guys 🙂

AdamT

LOL at finbar….I agree. Also I find tri racing is really friendly too. I think you spend waaay more time around your fellow competitors when not actually racing which is partly why. Asking your racking neighbour to zip up your wettie breaks the ice too. My tri club is great and since it's a group of swimmers, bikers and runners, it has great diversity and you can learn so much.

The-Badger
    Free Member

I've done one event this year – enjoyed it so much I am sure it wont be my last. Was a local sprint event – and to be honest I found everyone realy freindly with a relaxed yet still competitive attitude.
    Most appeared to be racing the clock rather than each other.

Real mix of people and abilities, and the wackyest bike selection i've even seen (Full on £9000 tri machines, to £250 mountainbikes-still with knobblies)
    I'd recommend to anyone.

One hint – do more running.

tracknicko
    Free Member

lol @mtbfix. (who is quite correct)

genesis
    Free Member

Was told do more swimming!

pjt201
    Free Member

i'm still of the opinion that the only way to place well at triathlons is to do more biking. It's always the longest stint, so even on a sprint (only a triathlete would call a 1 hour event a "sprint") if you lose a few minutes on the swim or the run you can easily make it up on the bike. There was a guy on one i did who was a pretty accomplished club cyclist who did the bike in sub 25 minutes (20km) but was a good couple of minutes slower than the fastest guys on the swim and the same on the run, he still won though.

genesis
    Free Member

I ride with a couple of guys who did Transrockies this year, one who's bike snapped with about 60k to go on one stage. They both finished, every time we go out its about burying yourself!

ourmaninthenorth

Is there such a thing?

can'tcornerforsh*t.com

😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Triathlon version of stw? Any Tri competitors here?’ is closed to new replies.