Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tri fold doors – tips plse
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

Am currently having to choose opening options for one of these c2.3m wide so any good/bad exeperiences would be useful. Currently leaning towards outward opening and one master door opening to one side whilst the other 2 fold back to the other side. I’d prefer all three to fold one way but seemingly opening the master then opens all 3 – is that an issue?

Wondered if exposed hinges on the external opening was a problem down the line but internal opening just takes up too much space. Any advice welcomed (no pics as my garden is literally a building site!).

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

doors opening out – defo – tend to seal better than open in doors
    not sure what system/make you are looking at using but 3 doors going to one side you should be able to open just one door without the other two ?

piha
    Free Member

You could try Bebier Windows & Doors – http://www.bieber-bois.com/en/

I haven’t used them for about 4~5 years but seem to recall they were good quality and would do what you require.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Cheers re the external opening recommendation as that’s a positive 🙂 Make is Rehau and I thought so too so will make enquiries. I’d like master door to left with all doors opening to the right.

DaveP

If it helps, I got 2.4m wide, wood, 3 doors, outward opening, fitted for £2.3k last year.
    No problems, no hassle. The door supplier fitted. Took them most of a day.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Cheers. Think I’ve sussed the choice out, for the main access door to be independant it has to open separate to the other 2, if it’s part of the 3 all folding the same way then it’ll be necessary when you open that one to fold back all 3 doors a little to re close.

withersea
    Free Member

We’ve had a rehau for two years and have had no problems at all. we went for the outward opening version to make sure we didn’t loose space inside the house. Make sure you’ve got space outside for the door though! fitting company came back in a month after instillation to make sure all was well with the fitting as they are bloody heavy doors and can result in bits of the house moving!

donsimon
    Free Member

I can pass on the details of someone who should be able to help.
    http://www.deerehart.com/
    Speak to Peter, he’s quite knowledgeable and based in the south somewhere, south of Watford anyway. 😉

stumpyjon

What you originally posted is probably the most sensible, means you can use the doors as access via the master door as well as full width openning doors. At 2.3m the doors won’t be too wide when open. Open out is better as it mean you don’t need to keep the interior clear of stuff if you want ot open them. If you go with all 3 openning together the master door can flap and is not likely to open flush against the others because of the handles.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Thanks all. Have opted for the first option but good to get positive views on external opening and configuration. Will see how they work in a few weeks….. hopefully they won’t move the extension!!

Tiger6791

Okay we have 3 trifold doors that open out.

The far right door (from inside) opens as main door.

All three fold together to the left (from inside)

Works really well

will take a photo in the light tomorrow for you

deepreddave
    Free Member

tiger – no please don’t do that! I’vew ordered the separate main door option so do not want to see how well all 3 fold (out voted by the one who’ll hopefully take the washing out through that door more than me :)).

catsplums
    Free Member

I am looking to do someting similar, have many people got quotes on this? (I would need two small areas of brick removed as we have 2 french doors with 2 small side panel/ windows next to them -one each side- so need the bricks below the windows cutting out to make the larger opening

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tri fold doors – tips plse’ is closed to new replies.