Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trek's future is going back to the past
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Then

Now

Sauce.

I rather like the look of the new 920 there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Lovely. I really like the black one in the middle of the range, but why oh why do they insist on fitting God-awful bar end shifters? There’s about 2 people that’ll ever buy those bikes who need them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

awful bar end shifters

Agreed, PP. Given how reliable and (soon to be) ubiquitous road/cx hydro is, it does seem a silly decision.

Yes, yes, I know, classic touring answer that there’s a friction option, etc. Still not sure it’s the right call though. After all, there are hydro brakes there, and surely if your indexing fails, that’s not as bad as your brakes going! And, I suspect you’re going to get more luck getting a Shimano/SRAM combined shifter/brake unit fixed or replaced in most bike shops than a bar end shifter! 😀

That said….It does look lovely, doesn’t it?

househusband

I quite like the 920 and have mixed feelings about the shifters too. I have Paul Comp bar mounts with Dura Ace shifters on two bikes and love them; they’ve been for more reliable and robust than integrated shifters – but that’s on flat bar mountain/f*t bikes.

mtbel
    Free Member

No it looks ugly and marketed towards folk who think they are in the army and every ride is the dullest* top secret mission ever created

*locating WWII spoons on a beach for instance

househusband

No it looks ugly and marketed towards folk who think they are in the army and every ride is the dullest* top secret mission ever created

*locating WWII spoons on a beach for instance

That analogy has made me smile and nod in agreement, even laugh at myself.

(Doffs cap!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trek's future is going back to the past’ is closed to new replies.