Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Tredz – Poor performance chaps!
  • bland

Sorry guys, P%$s poor performance.

Fully understand that you cant stock all items but over 2 weeks to order and deliver from supplier is enough time, plus time to let me know what you are doing, not ignore my emails!

Its only a mech hanger but a sale is a sale, and a customer a customer!

Just thought id share my experience

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

weird my brother ordered a bike thro them wasn’t in stock kept him informed all the way along said it would be in in 10days turned up within a week no probs

just like to say in no way iam i or my brother connected just really impressed with there service.

scaredypants

can you still buy it elsewhere ?

if not, maybe it’s poor show from distributor or manufacturer

alexpalacefan

What happened to “the customer is always right”?

They should at least be keeping the guy informed if they can’t deliver the goods, and answering the chap’s e-mails for god’s sake!

Poor service indeed.

APF

TheSwede
    Free Member

They are shocking, Waited nearly three weeks for a shifter, after chasing it up twice, the third call revealed they had cocked up and not even placed the order. A week later the shifter arrived with the thumb shift lever snapped off and super glued back on. I was gob smacked. On the fourth call they said oh sorry, send it back but we have no more in stock and they wouldn’t be ordering any for two weeks. The first time I used them I placed an order and three days later I get an email saying they were out of stock. Utterly useless!

Rorschach
    Free Member

dantsw13

yep, of my 4 orders from Tredz, 2 were cancelled due to discontinued stock, and the other is due next week – 3 months late!!!!

Haze

They were fine the first time I used them, but the last two orders I placed were met with out of stock emails.

Don’t know how difficult it is to either indicate levels on the page or remove altogether when stock has run out, but I don’t have much faith in my order being fulfilled after the last two attempts.

I tend to avoid unless I really can’t get near the price anywhere else.

Peyote
    Free Member

Another non-repeat customer here, ordered a few things from them (rear wheel, pannier rack and mudguards). E-mailed to say two of the items weren’t in stock and offered different items, one of which wasn’t compatible. I e-mailed a reply confirming I was okay with one item but asked a question about the other, no reply for a week so I went elsewhere. E-mailed them to cancel my order and suggested they update their website, again no reply and the website remained the same (haven’t checked since then).

I’ll stick them in the Dave Hinde folder I think…

falkirk-mark

I have had orders accepted by online shops only to phone a week later to be told they will send it out when they have it in stock, does it not occur to them that you may need the product to go out on your bike.If it ever happens the shop never gets used again.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Hmmmm, was just going to order some Sealskinz hats from there as they are a good price but thought I’d search them first. Has anyone got anything positive to say about them or should I just look elsewhere?

Deevass
    Free Member

Same here. Ordered some lights, one in stock, one they said would be with me the following week. A month later they said they couldn’t get it in stock.. If you find something cheaper with them just call them first to make sure they have it in stock then you should be ok….

anto164
    Free Member

I’ve had nothing but great service from Tredz.

Bought a bike and a few other things from them, all fast delivery and all came well packaged.

Haze

Has anyone got anything positive to say about them

They were pretty good the first time, I’d have no problem ordering off them again if I knew the stock levels.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting over a week for something I ordered which turned out not to be in stock. I’ve got the standard waiting on stock from their supplier email.

I’ll give it another couple of days then I’ll be cancelling.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I placed an order with them a while back but I never will again.

I ordered tyres & tubes which were on their website as in stock. They then sent the wrong type of tubes – I ordered schrader they sent Presta. They also said the tyres I ordered were not in stock & would need to order some in. I needed the tyres & tubes now not when they bothered to get them in.

I rang them to tell them they had sent the wrong tubes & that I was cancelling my order for tyres as I was in a hurry. I spoke to someone who said I needed to speak to the sales manager who was already on the phone. He asked for my number & said they would ring me back. After over an hour of sitting in & doing f-all waiting for their non-existant return call I rang them back on the same number as before only to get their answerphone message saying the office was closed & the office hours were Mon to Fri.

To say I was not impressed was an understatement & the worse thing was to fob me off on the phone. Why didn’t they tell me when I rang the first time that I had to ring Mon to Fri. It was so unprofessional I’ve never used them again.

hugor
    Free Member

Tredz is my LBS. They can be a bit disorganized with orders but they do look after me very well.
    They have got my bike going immediately when it’s broken down many times rather than make me book a service. They are honest guys and I can’t fault any of the multiple services they’ve done on my bikes.
    That’s important to me which is why I keep returning to them.
    I don’t order online anymore though, I just call the mechanic who knows me well now and he sorts it.
    That’s the loyalty I don’t mind paying or waiting a little more for. Try getting crc to do that for you.

mau00149
    Free Member

Ordered 10 tube deal fron them and contacted them to see if i could tweak the deal for different valve types. not a problem, very helpful and and delivered quickly

Jamie
    Free Member

Tredz is a bit like Rutland Cycles, in that they are really good on prices, but have no stock level indicators on the website. So you order something only to be contacted, some times days later, to be told they don’t have it in stock. This has happend on 50% of my orders with Tredz.

Now I just email them beforehand to double check they have the stock before ordering, and so far that works fine. Would prefer the didn’t use 2nd class for postage, but it’s free so that’s just me being petty.

float
    Free Member

im with hugor, as an LBS theyre really good. pretty big shop with loads of stuff in stock, and they have mechanics that actually know what theyre doing. never ordered off the internet with them though.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Had no problem when I ordered from them.

They did have the items in stock and quickly posted to me. (Last year though).

ste_t
    Free Member

Ordered twice, never again.

First time, after a few days I got a call saying it would be another week. I was ok with this as it wasn’t urgent.

Second time, ordered (thinking it was in stock,) and had a couple of updates saying it would be in stock/despatched at a certain date. Then I got an email saying it wouldn’t be in stock for another 6 weeks. Cancelled the order to find that everyone else I could have ordered from had sold out aswell.

Too many better alternatives out there to make them a viable option for me.

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve ordered from them 3 or 4 times. Good comms, prompt delivery every time.

diawl2
    Free Member

I was given the runaround by them recently when I purchased a pair of forks. They had obviously messed up and not despatched them but the guy I spoke to on the phone spun me a line. It was obvious he was lying as he kept contradicting himself. Still took a week for the forks to arrive after that. I won’t be going back in a hurry.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Good lbs, never ordered online from them as i live approx halfway between their stores. They also pricematched their online price for shimano winter boots last year when i queried the difference last year.

I have had nothing but good service from them instore, advice re bikes etc. i would happily buy a new bike from them.

Sad to hear their web service isnt so good.

brooess
    Free Member

they need to get themselves on here and give their side of the story.
    But not in a Sierra Cycling style…

bland

Its damn annoying and the problem is that a hell of a lot of medium turnover sites all fight for custom so they are all at it (to different degrees). Some will list everything they can order from all of their suppliers and sell it say 20% off rrp and work on law of averages to make a turnover, others will list all of one suppliers stuff at discount and monitor prices to just undercut etc etc.

They know that if you say its out of stock the customer will just go to someone else’s site which says in stock and spend their money there, and they most likely wont have it in stock either.

Now i dont mind if they keep their site up to date on what they can actually get hold of, but if they cant get it from the distributor they could at least own up and say so!

bland

19 days later it arrived.

Thought it was only fair to say so

highclimber
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a replacement Freehub from here. hope I don’t have your issues!!

thomthumb
    Free Member

ordered something got an email offering me something vaguely similar a few days later.

bought what i had originally ordered from CRC for a pund more. turned up within 24hs.

neninja
    Free Member

To be fair to them my order arrived on Monday (I’d posted on here on Sunday).

Spin
    Free Member

I won’t order from them again after I complained about a product and was essentially told ‘tough sh!t’

Crap customer service.

warton
    Free Member

just like to say in no way iam i or my brother connected

I don’t see what bragging about not being a siamese twin has anything to do with it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, just bought some lube from them via Amazon. Ordered friday, delivered monday. One slight error was that they picked a 60ml bottle instead of a 120ml bottle. Quick e-mail followed up with a call, another 60ml bottle despatched yesterday, arrived this morning.
    Cant fault them based on this experience. Picking errors happen, but hapily sorted me out with no fuss.

hugor
    Free Member

I bent my rear cassette 10 days ago – on the way back from the trail I rung the local mechanic in Cardiff who knows my bike and had access to previous part specs.
    He ordered a replacement immediately which arrived 5 days later.
    I didn’t have to look up part numbers or browse websites working out what to order.
    Today I dropped my bike in before heading out to lunch with the office staff.
    By the time we finished I received a text message telling me that my bike was ready to be picked up.
    Terrible service indeed!!!
    My point is if you display some loyalty to your LBS rather than worrying about every pound, it will be payed back with good service.
    I couldn’t care less if CRC or Evans have it a few pounds cheaper, or could have delivered it a few days earlier – I’m back on a reliable bike again earlier than I would have been.

smoggy
    Free Member

Ordered a tyre from them about 3 months ago, to be told about a week later it wasn’t in stock and would take a further week to arrive… waited and chased it up to be told it would take about another month to be in stock. Obviously order cancelled and i went elsewhere. If i’m honest the guys were always polite and helpful whenever i rang though…

bland

Think some of you are missing the point, that was selling things they dont have in stock.

My local bike shop isnt a spec dealer so couldnt have helped, plus i have issued with their arrogance at any rate so have already chosen not to shop there.

Local shops do nothing for me tbh, i have worked in a shop, can repair things better than them generally and they cost a fortune more than alternatives online.

Selfish but true unfortunately.

The last time i was in EBC for example, two mechanics were re installing a cannondale headshock by banging the top tube with a wooden mallet while the forks were in the workstand. Ill bastardise my own bike for free thanks.

Anyhow its here now, just an email to say it would be 3 weeks would be nice in return for selling me goods they dont stock

rootes1

used them twice – twise had crap service..

items in stock when your order…

then nothing for 5 days – then email saying items are not in stock

blah blah blah

like a lot off online shops the stock is held by the distributor and then the shop relies on their data to keep their shop uptodate..

having said that they still seem crap

won’t use them again.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Another with poor experience of tredz – they took an order for two items via their website, didn’t ship either and ignored chaser emails for three weeks before I rang them, they couldn’t find a record of the transaction or mails so asked me to re-send everything to them via email.

Emailed me back three days later to inform me that the items were out of stock and couldn’t be supplied, claimed they had tried to contact me but my email address and phone number didn’t work which seemed odd given they had confirmed the order on the email address when I placed it and had claimed they had no record at all of the order when I called. Mail and phone details were correct on the order.

Out of interest I checked their webstore later that week while searching for alternatives and found they were still advertising the items as available.

Blackhound

I have used them 5/6 times and very pleased with the service I have received. I did recommend to a mate who did have a bit of an issue with a handlebar he ordered back in the spring though. Was sorted eventually.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Tredz – Poor performance chaps!’ is closed to new replies.