Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Transition covert sizing
  • ayles1983
    Free Member

After a bit of advice regarding the frame sizes of these as I’m thinking of getting one. I’m 6 ft with a 33″ inside leg. The transition site recommends a medium but I currently ride a large zesty, and feel the medium may be a little cramped.? Anyone ride one of these? Frame sizes etc….

wavejumper
    Free Member

Due to our size difference I’m not sure this will help but:
    I’m 5’7 and ride a small if this helps. It has a 50mm stem and is just about ok for me. I may change it to a 70mm after I return from the alps. I’m sure somebody taller will give you some better advice………

ayles1983
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. It would seem I’m borderline med/large. Considering the smaller frame as I like to do a bit of downhill although not sure if it will be to cramped for trail riding. It would be run with a renthal duo stem. Anyone else?

jedi

im 5-9 and a medium is too big for me. i’d ride a small if i got one

MRanger156
    Free Member

6 foot – ride a medium and feels good to me.

honourablegeorge

I was lookign into buying a Covert, I’m 6’1″ and the Transition site had me wondering too. Went to a bike shop, said this to the owner, he said “are you mad, you’re DEFINITELY a large” – demoed a Large, and sizing was spot on.

I ended up on a Large Spicy, which is also spot on, slightly longer in the TT

alfabus
    Free Member

5’11” on a medium, fits me nicely. Quite short in the TT, but that makes it nice on the downs.

Not sure I’d want to be much taller and still on the medium.

Dave

ayles1983
    Free Member

hmmm….Still undecided. Think I’m going to have to find a shop and have a sit on one. I cannot for the life of me remember the size of the one I had a quick ride on. Thanks to all that have posted.

legend
    Free Member

jedi – Member

im 5-9 and a medium is too big for me. i’d ride a small if i got one

same situation for me, but the small was too short to be worth buying so I had to look elsewhere

jedi

i rode a short and may get a carbon one when they make them 🙂

ayles1983
    Free Member

Anyone know of a company that stocks these so I can try one for size? preferably in the bucks/beds or surrounding area?

nols
    Free Member

Not many shops actually ‘stocking’ them at the moment. Although Surf-Sales Tr.OG.UK are doing a few demo days and free uplifts this summer. Usually a few different sizes at these events. I’m 5’10” and I have a medium white one on order to replace my now knackered Spesh Pitch

Trimix
    Free Member

I am 5,11 and have a medium, fits perfect. Perfect for XC, DH, messing about.

I also have a medium frame for sale if your interested.

tamedearth
    Free Member

@ayles1983 – i’m 5’11 and love the fit of the medium. we have a medium demo bike if you are willing to travel to south surrey?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Transition covert sizing’ is closed to new replies.