• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mc.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Transit Connect Owners
  • neilb67
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a 2004 Transit Connect and looks like someone has been playing around with the gear cables and I was wondering if there are any Connect owners out there could take a quick measurement for me inside the cab. It would save me the hassle of taking it to the dealers.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

What do you need?

neilb67
    Free Member

I need to determine if the neutral gate is correct. Could you put the car into neutral and then measure from the line on the knob that denotes the neutral position to the centre of the heater knob that changes the air flow.

Much appreciated.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

172mm to centre of line on gear knob when in neutral from most proud point of rotational selector switch.

neilb67
    Free Member

Ahh, cheers mate. Mine is 200mm and it now makes sense why I sometimes struggle to get 2nd and 4th.

Once again thanks for your help 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

No bother.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Neil – if you were sitting in the van… with the stick in neutral, which knob whould I be measuring?

neilb67
    Free Member

🙄

chalkstorm
    Free Member

😆

porter_jamie

email sent

project
    Free Member

Sometimes theres 3 knobs in a transit, and the biggest one is driving it badly,the other one being the passenger, and the gear knob, which looks rather lick a p…ck,so then that makes 2 p…cks then, and 3 knobs.

neilb67
    Free Member

Well this knob is a happy knob as the other knob ( theres no knob in the passenger seat ) is not jumping out of gear any more…. 🙂

mc
    Free Member

There should be a hole for locking the gear lever in neutral, then there are clips for adjusting the cables, which you release (the adjusters are spring loaded), then relock.

However, it’s that long since I’ve had to work on the piles of s**t, that I can’t remember how you access the adjusters.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Transit Connect Owners’ is closed to new replies.