Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trans Wales Solo's
  • chiefP
    Free Member

So with only just over 2 weeks to go how many Solos (New and Old) are doing the Trans Wales? There seems to be a fair few places left compared to the last few.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Me, and very old, and I do wonder if I might have bitten off a bit more than I can chew.

lazlo53
    Free Member

well I think the last 23 hours of deafening silence have been an eloquent reply cheifP. Let's hope we get on ok, otherwise it'll be two miserable f*****s in a field each night

chiefP
    Free Member

I will always be smiling regardless 😆

I was hoping some of the Old ones that have done the Transwales would be able to help the new ones with advice but obviously no one is doing it 🙄

Roll on the 14th 😀

Chew
    Free Member

I'm soloing it also *gulp*. If i can finish i'll be chuffed.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Chew, ditto re finishing. CheifP, I've done a lot of endurance events over the years (although this is more extreme than most) and I'd say that there's often very little pleasure during the event, but there's immense satisfaction to be gained from trying your hardest to complete. Life is quite comfy most of the time, to be forced well outside of your comfort zone is no bad thing. I cannot, in all honesty, say that I'm confident about my ability to complete the event, but I am prepared to try my hardest……….do you think think they'll give me a jersey for effort?

WBC

I did it last year as one half of a pair and as you say it is not easy and there were times when I felt like packing it in (my 'training' had been pretty minimal). However, the sense of satisfaction at having completed it is huge. I still think about it now nearly a year on. Me and the guy I rode with are still boring our friends with stories about it. I'd rank it as my biggest physical achievement and one of the best weeks 'holiday' I've had. Good luck….

Nezbo
    Free Member

I'm doing it solo for the first time and propper looking forward to it 🙂

I will be on a Giant Anthem x0 (blue and silver), so if you are there keep an eye out for me and say hello 🙂

lazlo53
    Free Member

thanks for that WBC, what you've said pretty well fits within my own philosophy, I'll let you know how things go.
    Nezbo, I'll be on a bit of a battered Seven Sola (hardtail) But also, because I'm such an old fecker (57) I'll be in one of the pre-erected tents each night.
    AND, to pre-empt any armchair warrior who thinks that such an option is a cop out, f off, you haven't got a clue.

chiefP
    Free Member

Cheers WBC, i have a feeling i might be feeling a bit simialr to you last year 😀 but its the achievement after last years misery of not riding for 9 months that will drive me on.

I will be on a Scott Spark 20 and in a Vango Beta 250 tent so say Hello if you see me.

Hopefully it will be dry(ish) although looking at the current weather it might not be.

Algore
    Free Member

I'm in. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trans Wales Solo's’ is closed to new replies.