Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trans Rockies
  • RepacK
    Free Member

Anyone here done the Trans Rockies in recent years?

I did the BC Bike Race this Summer which was superb! Anyone know how they compare?

Trans Rockies

BC Bike Race

UseItorLoseIt

Yes I did the TR in 2009. That was a rather wet race so I hope you don’t get that if you do it.

I have done the TransWales as well and my team mate has done the TransAlp and we both thought that the TR was better – real back country feel, great singletrack and spot on organisation. The food is good quality and plenty of it.

It does cost, but I suppose there is a reason for that and I think the TR is cheaper than the BC race?

The TR could have had more singletrack in ’09 which the BC appears to have more of? But I think the TR organisers have recgnised that and put more singletrack in for ’10?

I did it on a hardtail but a 100mm bike is probably best. I am planning to get back and do it one time in the next few years.

Any questions give me a shout.

RepacK
    Free Member

BC has loads of singletrack (nearly all rideable apart from a few sections..) – that was why I went for it over the TR.

I have heard that TR is really a dirt race for roadies with little technical singletrack but watching the vids on youtube (2007) there seems a fair amount of singletrack. Im not too keen on the TA after the ST article – all those farting Germans!

ps did the BC on a Blur XC & I really can recommend the race. Amazing riding, good food & lots of it, good organisation for the most part as well.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

UseItorLoseIt

Yes I heard good things on the BC bike race from some people during the TR. I suppose I was only put off the BC race by the cost which seemed high. I should just bite the bullet one year and do it though.

As you say the TR does have a decent chunk of singletrack and I think they realise they need to up their game on that as well to compete with the BC race.

Given it is always against the clock it is pretty hard work but I quite liked that and as long as you do a consistent and good pace you can get a decent enough position.

I completely agree on the TransAlp – from what I have heard! I think only the scenery sounds attractive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trans Rockies’ is closed to new replies.