Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)
  • Trains
  • Kuco

LycraLout
    Free Member
    redthunder
    Free Member

Freight loveliness Severn Tunnel…

and a boring Passenger train 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

and Works Trains 🙂

nbt

redthunder – Member

Freight loveliness Severn Tunnel…

Do you know, I think that might be 37425 Concrete Bob pulling that train. It’s definitely a dirty thirty, and it looks about right for the numbering and the nameplate. If only we had a better angle…

plop_pants
    Free Member

My very own 45

My Dad is a retired driver and I had many illicit cab rides over the years 08s, 47s, Cromptons, 73s, 56s, Schools Class, Spam cans etc 😀

peajay

Magic pics of the 374’s brings back memories of running around in them doing pilotman working when the signalling system was down, one night I managed to fall asleep in the rear cab when travelling to get a crossover with a southbound on the nightshift, had to sprint down the platform and just made it as the south bound was pulling out, must have been shattered to fall asleep in one of them, noisy, bumpy things, wish they were back, at their best double headed on a ballast, magic!!

redthunder
    Free Member

@nbt

Looked back into my pix… 11 May 2006 I took that and if your right its 37425 and is Concrete Bob. Here is a better pic.

nbt

It’s 37425. It’s Concrete Bob! IT’S AWESOME!

Red, you just made my day. I’m going to have a beer now and celebrate 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Get a room you two. Or perhaps an engine shed.

project
    Free Member

Theres just something about a class 37 or 40 that makes you all excited.

Deltics have got inner beauty too. (The clue’s in the name)

And, if I may be excused a little smugness;
    I can see the Severn Valley Railway from my house.
    In the summer I race the trains on my commute. 😀

geoffj

Kuco & LycraLout – nice one guys 🙂

nbt

Harry_the_Spider – Member

Get a room you two. Or perhaps an engine shed.

What’s your favourite shed? Mine’s Shed Seven

project
    Free Member

favourite shed = croesnewydd, wrecsam

bigyinn
    Free Member

LycraLout, Tornado’s going nowhere at the moment, major issues with cracking in its boiler (currently in Germany getting mended)

What about these then?

bigyinn
    Free Member

MTG did you know the Deltic engine is based on an opposed piston design by Junkers who couldn’t syncronise the piston, until someone in Britain suggested one crank should turn anticlockwise? And some Deltic engines are still in use in Navy Hunt class vessels?

RustySpanner

I loved the 40’s as a kid – remember trying to get to sleep listening to them whistling through Newton Heath shed.

My dad used to take me to Victoria and Piccadilly stations as well when I was very young, just to look at the loco’s.
    Funny, I love steam engines, but old diesels just do it for me, more personal somehow.
    Very environmentally friendly too: 🙂
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv_cGG56QA4&feature=related[/video]

Like these as well, but living in the North West we never saw them:

bloodynora
    Free Member

No one got any lovely Gresleys I can drool over?! 8)

project
    Free Member

Big Yin the scotish blue trains, and the scotrail push pull 47,s if im not mistaken.

Rusty Spaner the diesel hydraulic warships, the westerns where better, in the western region, used them a lot around stroud.

Oh and lets mention the Hymeks, and baby deltics.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anything with a Sulzer 6LDA for me please (or an 8 or a 12)

Harry_the_Spider

They’ve got a Warship at Bury Transport Museum IIRC

bigyinn
    Free Member

Theres a couple of warships that survived, other one is on the West Somerset railway IIRC.

project
    Free Member

THere was one parked outside Swindon works, and when it was anounced the works was to close it got up rather quickly.

nbt

Loving the tags 😉

RustySpanner

Harry, when we cycle to Bury from Sue’s I always make sure we go past the East Lancs shed near St Gabriel’s 🙂
    I’m like a kid again looking through that fence…….

I prefer the Warship to the Western, purely because I’ve got one of the Mainline 00 models boxed up in the loft, amongst other things.
    Off the top of my head, there’s a Lima Deltic, an Airfix 31, a Hornby 29, a GWR railcar and a couple of steam loco’s that my dad bought.
    Quite fancy a nice DMU set as well TBH.

We’re getting a new house soon. No point in telling her about my plans for the layout just yet, she’d only fret 😀

Northwind

Trying to get its knee down in the corners…

TheGingerOne

I grew up loving the Class 50 myself. Can’t be beaten in Network South East livery – though having just googled it it now looks really quite dated.
    Close second would be the original 4 Class 59’s for Foster Yeoman that ran between was it Minehead and somewhere near Acton?

organic355
    Free Member

amodicumofgnar

Oh go on then – a bit of bodge on the South Tynedale Railway.

Some kit and a shed – Churnet Valley Railway

AT
    Free Member

How about a modern ‘Ugly Betty’ !!

Theres one short in the class after it was dropped off the crane in Newport Docks.

project
    Free Member

Anyone going from Manchester to the Brownbacks races at Lee quarry, bacup, the East Lancs railway runs nearby, look out for the steam trains, also why not visit Rawtenstall railway station, and watch the old trains still performing, great chippy just up from the station.

Pure heaven for a day out.

LycraLout
    Free Member

how’s about

legend
    Free Member

LycraLout
    Free Member

..and there’s the likes of
    [img]http://www.smet.org.uk/SMET_gallery/galleryimages/trains%20open%20day%20April%202010%20002.jpg[/img]

scottish model engineering trust at wester pickston near perth – a bunch of big kids with the coolest train set

project
    Free Member

AT, the new class 70,for Freightliner, and one did get bent, it fell 20 feet back into the ship.

Good picture in Rail magazine of it being slightly buckled.

CountZero

I’ve just gone all misty-eyed at the Warship pic. My junior school was next to the embankment carrying the London-Bristol mainline out of Chippenham, so used to see them all the time. Much preferred them to Hymeks. Saw a Deltic go through once, which was exciting to an eight or nine year-old. A schoolmate’s dad drove a shunter around Chippenham marshalling yard, originally an 0-6-0 Pannier tank, later a diesel. Often managed to get rides around the yard on the footplate, which was great fun. The diesel was clean, but the tanky was the best:

Never saw a double-header like this, though. Used to love seeing the Hall, Castle and King steam locos go through, though; sheer magic.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Ridden on this a couple of times – the kit on board is unbelievable…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:43062_at_Kings_Cross_1.jpg

islander

Victoria by Bentalla, on Flickr

Mull miniture railway.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Trains’ is closed to new replies.