Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Trains
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Given the regular whinging about trains on here I thought i’d fire this one up.
    I have to take some time off – holidays with a use them or lose them clause. looking around, and i can’t bothered with all the faff of air travel and had a bit of a think abut that london (haven’t had a glass of shandy flavoured beer -like stuff in years). So looked at the trains.
    From Perth (north of central scotland, just south of where the maps say “here there be dragons”), to king’s cross – £138. Return. For two people. Or £120 if we arrive back at 11PM. And no airports in another country, turn up the day before the flight, no you can’t take food/drink/machine guns on board – well, ok I did take a machine gun on a flight once, but really, was all that neccessary? probably will avoid doing that again). leave from town, arrive in town.

D0NK

Used to do a lot but not done a long train journey in donkeys. Normally quite relaxed comfy way of travelling. Not quite so easy for bikes or if you’re going to arse end of nowhere tho.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

bikes on trains are fine up here. Had been on Orkney and was taking the train back down to Perth – there was a big bunch of cyclists and we were told that there wasn’t enough room for all the bikes so they were carried by van to Inverness where they were collected and put on the next train.
    haven’t done a long train trip in ages either, but am thinking about a Eurostar to Italy next year

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Trains’ is closed to new replies.