Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Training with a cold? Man/Pig Flu combo – lethal!
  • RepacK
    Free Member

Ive spent the last 3 days hiding under the covers with a lousy cold & feeling generally p1ssed off – its May for **** sake & Im sick 🙁 Question is how long should I wait before I puck up my training again? Should it be when I feel reasonably fit enough to ride & ease my self back in slowly or completely 100% over it?

Yours getting fat on the sofa..

takisawa2

Same(ish) here mate. Have had a cold for about 2 weeks or so now, got bad yesterday. Tried a ride about a week ago but was totally useless. And to cap it off the eldest has just come out with Chicken Pox.
    Sitting here watching Toy Story with the kids…!!!
    (cue tears cos the sad bit where buzz sees the tv advert is coming up)

emac65
    Free Member

I had a cold/cough/sore throat over a month ago & tried to train through it,all I did was make it much worse.I’m only just getting over it now too.Had two weeks off riding with the Dyfi thrown in the middle(hence my reason for not wanting to stop training),which I felt like crap on all the way round & got my slowest time ever….
    My advice is to stop training till it’s all but gone, I wish I had….. 😐

mrmo
    Free Member

If you feel ok go for a GENTLE ride, if you feel like crap go home. Just take it easy don’t “train” and make sure you listen to your body.

Keva
    Free Member

if yer ill yer ill, not much you can do about it, you have to rest. Exercising will just make it worse. When you start to feel better do a little bit but not too much or you could put yourself back a few paces. The immune system is temporarily lowered by intense exercise which is why you need a recovery period, overdoing it will land you a cold.

Kev

dobo
    Free Member

When you have a cold I find theres usually a stage where you start to feel good even though you still have the symptoms. I usually start back at it again then but take it easy with a recovery ride, if you go out and feel crap, come home and go to bed.
    Try to differentiate between feeling crappy ill and just being lathargic and a bit tired. (lack of sleep/dehydration can make you feel this way)
    I usually feel slightly slower/lathargic after only one week off the bike…
    I even think light exercise can make you feel better and help pick up your energy.
    All of this is just my own experience and not proven in any study’ or nowt.

RepacK
    Free Member

Yeah its a nightmare – I feel ok ish but not good enough to train..Also getting cabin fever. Think Im going to have to go out for a v gentle pootle..

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

man pig flu, is that like manbearpig?

I’m SUPER cereal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Training with a cold? Man/Pig Flu combo – lethal!’ is closed to new replies.