Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Training Programmes
  • Gunz
    Free Member

Does anyone have a link to any free cycling training programme. I’ll have to work mainly on the road and just like to have a bit of varied structure to work with, not looking for a personalised programme.

Thanks in advance.

thomthumb
    Free Member

what for?

fasthaggis

Search cycle training on that internet thingie.
    Just choose the area you want to improve.
    There is enough free info on there to make your head explode. 😆

MSP

Read one of joe Friels books, and apply the basic principles to your needs.

Gunz
    Free Member

Thanks MSP, he seems to offer a good wide range of resources. I’ve always used Runners’ World free training plans for my running goals and just hoped there was something comparable out there for cycling.

ourmaninthenorth

Joe Friel has been the standard for many years. His focus is on a phased development.

the more recent approach has been much more interval based – Chris Carmichael’s time crunched cyclist being a good example.

Both have their merits, IMO.

MSP

personally I don’t really think just picking an on-line plan will work very well. It’s better to understand some of the training principles and apply them to what you know about yourself and seeing how you respond.

For example I have found I respond better making every third week an easy week, I have never seen that suggested in any training plan in a magazine or on-line.

johnny_met
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Training Programmes’ is closed to new replies.