Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Train drivers are ace…
  • takisawa2

…according to my boys. Youngest is doing a project on trains so to kill a few hours we went to B’ham on the train. One minute we’re stood looking in the window of a London bound Pendolino…

IMG_1361 by pten2106, on Flickr

…the next the driver invites us to have a look in the cab. He even let them sound the horn. Top chap.

IMG_1360 by pten2106, on Flickr

Cue two very very happy little boys, & the conversion of the dining room table to a train cab. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

why does he need three phones?

flip
    Free Member

Ace 😉

My son would love that, i use the Pendelino from Brum to Euston now and again.

Love the First Class breakfast!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Lucky lads, I wish I was there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay for cool train driver. I’ll never forget the pilot who let me into the cockpit and play with his joystick. It’s memories like that that stick with you.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ll never forget the pilot who let me into the cockpit and play with his joystick. It’s memories like that that stick with you.

Genuine LOL 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

When I grow up I want to be a train driver…

thegreatape
    Free Member

I feel a bit jealous of those two small boys. That train cab is very cool.

EDIT It looks to be left hand drive, must be a French train. I’m not jealous after all.

mikey3
    Free Member

Remember when i was a trainspotter when i was about 10,went to york and on the station the train driver let me and a mate go into the cab of a deltic,i,m 40 now and i still remember it,funny what sticks in your mind.

jonnyrobertson

Yeah, we are ace! 😉

stanfree
    Free Member

Indeed we are Johnny.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Briliant 🙂

I had similar as a kid at a some Welsh RAF base. Stood watching a couple of mechanics repair one of the helicopters next thing is i’m sitting in the cockpit of some search and rescue copter 🙂

project
    Free Member

In answer to the above,

I for the national rail network secure radio, to contact base or the signaller.

1 for the driver to contact the reest of the train over the public address in an emergency,

1 to contact the train staff conductor or catering crew,

The trains are from a Fiat design whichn was based on technology made in the 70,s by BR, and used in the failed APT.

Left hand drive because the signals are usually on the left, and trains usually stop on the left side

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Excellent!

Things like that are extremely important when you’re that age! 🙂

Three ‘phones?

One is for the driver to call his wife on, pick some sausages and milk up on your way home please.

The next is for the driver to keep in contact with his teenage daughter petulant little madame always complaining about everything ungrateful little cah.

And the other is to call Ladbrokes place a bet on the 3.30 at Chepstow probbly another lame nag though better off as glue really.

brakes
    Free Member

where does he keep his sandwiches?

franksinatra

No steering wheel?

peajay

Signallers do all the steering! 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Train drivers are ace…’ is closed to new replies.