Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • train access to cwmcarn ?
  • rp16v
    Free Member

as titled im after some train access to go ride in cwmcarn for the first time soon
    traveling from bristol il probably have to swap at cardiff then to cross keys by the looks of it how close is this station to the bike park? will be looking at the xc loops been told will be fine on the ss

Far
    Free Member

If you get off at Newport you can ride canal towpath pretty much the whole way from Newport station to the entrance to Cwmcarn; it’s a nice ride (i’d guess about 8 miles each way) and much easier than changing at Cardiff.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah I do the canal ride all the time which takes you to the bottom of Cwmcarn or you can get a train from Newort to Crosskeys.

Pigface
    Free Member

Aye get off at Crosskeys go under the bridge, up past the Crosskeys Hotel jump on canal and head up to the bottom of the Scenic Drive. There is a little footpath which goes from the end of North Road which will bring you out by the bottom car park. Runs above the road up to the Visitors center and car park.

saxabar
    Free Member

Is there a train from Crosskeys to Newport now? If that’s the case it’s a recent development as they only used to run from Cardiff. As Pigface says, on arriving at Crosskeys go up under the train bridge and on a few hundred yards to the turning for the road to the visitors centre.

rp16v
    Free Member

turns out i can go straight from bristol direct to crosskeys in just over an hour so happy with that and sounds a easy ride to the center from there just got to book a day off to do it lol
    thanks for the help guys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘train access to cwmcarn ?’ is closed to new replies.