Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Trailbreak…anyone been?
  • Forge_Master
    Free Member

Am thinking about whether to make the 160mi round trip this Sunday and really wanted to hear from someone that's been.

http://www.trailbreak.co.uk/trail_rides/index.php

Anyone?

Cheers

ononeorange

Did one early in the year with some mates. It was well organised and a bit of fun – not something to take as a serious competitive event, but a good crowd.

Adders69
    Free Member

I've been on five of the Trailbreak rides this year – with my 10 year old son.

They're well organised as said above, and the routes are interesting and well marked.

They are very much like the Evans Ride-It events …

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

Except that we were there first… 😉

Dekerf
    Free Member

They are good, did one earlier this year, and am thinking about doing the one this Sunday.

Nothing too competitive, and the last one was over a good mix of trails.

Have recommended them to friends and will go on them again 🙂

yoshimi

I did one a couple of years ago at Llantidnod Wells (spelling) – well organised and good friendly staff ^^^Matin^^^ took me to a pub after a crash, although it was shut and waited for the van to pick me up; sorry about ruining your riding that day.

Adders69
    Free Member

Except that we were there first…

That wasn't meant as a bad thing Martin – always thoroughly enjoy the Trailbreak events, and looking forward to a third year of the rides next year (along with my brother and his son).

With the level of organisation and support it's a slight surprise that there aren't more kids doing the rides – they're a great introduction, and it's brill for the kids because other riders are always very friendly and encouraging – a credit to the sport in fact!!

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

I remember that Yoshimi! Only pub for miles and it was shut! Wasn't our day was it?

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

No problem Adders – we seem to be getting copied quite a bit lately (which hopefully means we're doing something right!) so we just try to keep our pedigree on show 😀

Agreed, we'd be happy to see more kids at the events, and there's a few developments in next years calendar that should help that aim. We've got a full on youth ride at the Princes Risborough event in April (with Summit MBC) and look out for something big in the summer too…

yoshimi

Even though my riding was cut short, it led to my love for epic rides in the wilderness over my previous distraction of pushing a 45lb lump of metal to the top of a hill and being rad riding back down 😆

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Cheers guys, i didn't realise is so child friendly. i might take my son to this.

Thanks again.

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

I'll be around on registration Forge Master, so say hi if you do come along.

simon_g

I'm planning to go to Sunday's one for the first time – usual riding mates have bailed and it'll be good to see a new area.

Dr_Bakes

I've been to a couple and they're good events. Not a bad way to explore a new area and add a bit of competition to a Sunday's ride. There are all levels of ability on display as my team proved last time out!

Martin, I posted a message on the trail break forum regarding the Princes Risborough event that you may not have seen. I won't repeat it here but I'd be interested to get your response? Have you finalised the rules for this weekend?

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Martin – will do 🙂

Just been told my son's playing football and none of our locals want to make the journey so i'll be heading down there billy no-mates style.

See you there.

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

Dr_B – Sorry been a bit busy so no, I've not seen that. I'll take a look though and get back to you through that forum.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Trailbreak…anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.