Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • trailaddiction riding experience question
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Filling out the form for my trailaddiction booking…. tricky question though:

“Riding Experience”

How do you sum that up in a paragraph?

Dave

Ewan
    Free Member

“Yes”?

Seriosuly tho just write down what you’ve ridden in the UK / abroad before (e.g I’ve ridden Afan and it’s easy / i’ve ridden Cwm Carn and found it hard / I rode crankworkx and won). They’re basically trying to make sure you don’t spanner yourself on the first day…

scaredypants

They’ll more than likely sus you out on the 1st night rather than use yr answer (but still worth giving one) – I reckon it’s to weed out major outliers; people who’ve almost never ridden (or have won crankworx)before they arrive

Going on your own? They’ll be able to fit you in with a suitable group
    Going in a group? They’ll leave you as a group if that’s what you want and may find “similar” riders to join you depending how many you are
    (IME anyway)

(or put radsik2max and they’ll know what to do)

allthepies
    Free Member

If you can do 15m gap jumps and 6m drops then you should be fine.

northair
    Free Member

We just want some idea of everyones experience so that on the first day you are matched with riders of similar ability. We have up to 8 guiding groups, and therefore need some way of matching riders. We use a combination of your answer to this question and chatting on the first evening (and a good deal of experience working out what’s “chat” and what’s not). Just a very simple answer along the lines of “I ride UK trail centres a couple of times a week” or “this will be the first time I’ve ridden a bike offroad” will do fine.
    Cheers,
    Ben
    trailAddiction

anto164
    Free Member

Apologies for hijacking your topic, but has anyone done a backcountry week? Was supposed to go to Morzine on a DH week, but my mate is being a ****t and keeps putting off booking holiday from work.

Would people recommend the backcountry week? Sure, i’d love to do a DH week, but if i end up travelling on my own, i’d prefer to do more longer rides than dh all week.

alfabus
    Free Member

Hi Ben,

I decided to just ramble on in the end; hopefully you’ll understand what I meant 🙂

Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘trailaddiction riding experience question’ is closed to new replies.