Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Trail software for iPhone (not navigation)
  • Stevie-P
    Free Member

I know there has been a recent thread regarding 'navigation' software for iPhone but I'm after something which will log my distance, total ascent (preferably giving a profile at the end of the ride) and must be able to upload to a website to keep a record.

I've tried SportyPal this morning but it kept crashing on me plus after one hours riding it said I'd done 5 minutes (the phone was in my pocket, would that cause this to happen?). So, I'm looking for something else.

I've looked at Trails too but as far as I can tell I can't upload to any website for online logging…

scraprider
    Free Member

imap my ride , or somthing like that , iphones are great arnt they!!! 🙂

jam-bo

Runkeeper is ace. Has options for bikes too.

Pro version is worth £6

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ewan
    Free Member

Trailguru is very good, very accurate, has excellent upload to the web features, lots of stats, lets you export KML / GPX, etc

It's also free and doesn't have ads on it. You can also lock the screen (properly using the button, not the dodgy software locks you get) by starting a playlist, turning the volume down then opening the software.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

I like the look of TrailGuru. Tried that this morning too. However I couldn't get it to give me an altitude profile – am I missing something?

Also, does RunKeeper give you an altitude profile?

This is a must for me as I want to keep logs with altitude profiles including total metres/feet climbed etc.

Rio

Runkeeper gives you an altitude profile when you download your activity to the web site, but I haven't found a way of showing it on the iPhone itself.

tron
    Free Member

Does Cardiotrainer exist on the Iphone? It does all that sort of business.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Cool thanks. Gonna give RunKeeper a go today!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nokia sports tracker free and brilliant – i'm sure they will do an iphone app of it soon

IanMmmm
    Free Member

nokia sports tracker free and brilliant – i'm sure they will do an iphone app of it soon

Oh yeah. They're bound to develop software for a competing phone vendor aren't they? I bet they can't wait to encourage more people to buy Apple's handsets instead of theirs…

http://www.everytrail.com/

Looks good to me.

Houns

Loads of stuff available free on Android…Oh….

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Loads of stuff available free on Android…Oh….

Yes!

Ive had a Cardiotrainer vs Mytracks deathmatch going on and have just decided Cardiotrainer wins by a nose
    I like the Google maps bit of Mytracks but preferred the web interface of Cardiotrainer

Any other Android apps to look at for competition?

Oh – sorry for the hijack LOL and sorry you have to pay for the iPhone apps too 🙂

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I just saw that Everytrail was released for Android on the 10th March. Just tested it and it looks better than Mytracks, which is what I've been using up to now. Especially the sharing part.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh yeah. They're bound to develop software for a competing phone vendor aren't they? I bet they can't wait to encourage more people to buy Apple's handsets instead of theirs…

sorry should have marked that as ironic

TractorFrog
    Free Member

iMapmyride is a good app for the iphone, just make sure to turn off the woman who starts talking to you at every mile. telling you time, pace, avg, max, current speed. i was a little confused to say the least when she piped up on the first DH of the day.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

motion x GPS can record your ride and then upload it to an email as a gpx file. Then go to Bikely.com and when registered it lets you import a gpx file, and save it. You can then see all your rides with distance and total ascent/descent too. Works great

marcher
    Free Member

I found endomondo the other day, seems to work very well and does everything you ask.

Shmikuk
    Free Member

I've been using everytrail for a while, but have encountered a couple of minor issues…. It can tend to jump if the signal gets lost and regularly cuts corners between waypoints,qnd therefore often records the distance as being slightly less than the true distance travelled, and therefore an incorrect average speed also. It is very good as an overview of the route/ trip and the photo/location part is very slick, also saving the pics to the phone camera roll if selected. It recordstotal up and down but not as a route profile ( that I can find). I also can't access the website in the phone browser, and despite lost password requests etc, still can't log in with the details I set up
    with. The battery usage seems good if you remember to put phone to
    sleep and you can have the iPod inuse at same time if you so wish.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Trail software for iPhone (not navigation)’ is closed to new replies.