Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Trail Litter Rant!
  • old_mtber
    Free Member

Just got back from a fantastic 2 days at Coed Llandegla. But what spoils the experience somewhat is the amount of plastic litter left lying around at the trailside. Why spoil such a good facility? And if you have a blowout why leave the old tube actually on the trail halfway down the first long Black section?
    I suppose this is not just peculiar to Llandegla, Cwmcarn is the same at the top of the climb before the first descent where everyone stops for a breather.
    Rant over.

Tiger6791

Bugs me aswell there are some right scummy twunts around.

kevonakona
    Free Member

The car park at inners was a state on Monday.

Why not just take it home. Your kit will need sorting anyway just pick up the rubbish too.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

It’s not just trail centres it’s everywhere. Littering just does my head in, you bloody well carried it there, normally full of something, and yet can’t carry it back empty!!! ****.

Aidan
    Free Member

It’s sad that people leave litter, but pick some up if you can. Then you won’t have to look at it and neither will the next person.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

mmmm.. a good opportunity to please the trail fairies by picking some up. 😀

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I find it particularly galling that MTBers are doing it. Shows that there at least some people in the sport who have zero respect for the countryside.

Tiger6791

Shows that there at least some people in the sport who have zero respect for the countryside.

I think there are quite a lot of selfish people like that. Not the majority but as a sport it does seem to attract some pillocks!

(present company excepted ofcourse)

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i thought it was very funny when i went to cwm crn and got to the top of twrch. Where you have that little black/red section wit hthe nice berms and jumps there was so much shit at the top of it. Lots of relentless monster etc. I can only imagine it was left by teenagers (im only 19;)) who got a lift up there with their mum and thought they were the best riders in the world…

damo2576
    Free Member

Yeah it winds me up. I’m normally walking on Brighton sea front early at the weekends – you should see the state of that. They have litter pickers out and its normally sorted by later in the morning but not the point obviously.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, +1 for being wound up by it. No need – you brung it, you take it!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Now flytipping deserves its own circle of hell. Massive problem on trails here in Kent and the people who do it seem to go out of their way to dump their crap in the prettiest spots.

Personally I’d nail their b******* to a tree…. ensuring I tidied up any resulting mess afterwards, naturally.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I find it particularly galling that MTBers are doing it. Shows that there at least some people in the sport who have zero respect for the countryside.

“MTBers” arent all part of one big , happy family. Alot of them are ****.

dazzlingboy

I’ve ranted about this in the past too – bastards. Was at Glentress again Wed night and this week’s litterfest was mainly Strathmore water bottles – I must’ve seen 15/20 bottles on my way round – I cannot believe that punters just sling these bottles at their arses.

Spent a lot of the ride fantasising about lying in the woods wearing a full ghillie suit and using a high powered rifle to take out all littering bastards the second they drop something.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Of course you’re right, but you can still be a **** and not chuck litter about. I guess the point I was making was that I’d expect someone who is into outdoor sports to have a bit more respect and not crap in their own backyard. Sad.

takisawa2

I come across some **** shite stuffed into a tree branch at the top of the the last section of the Monkey Trail at Cannock.
    If the Mummy / carer for “Zak” is reading, please collar him when he comes in from School & tell him to take his name-labelled sarnie bag home next time.

project
    Free Member

Well pick some up then, when i got to the clwyds, theres a few bottles crisp packetsa and mcdougal burger boxes, so i just get a bin bag and pick them up, put them in the bag and dump them at home.

See its so easy.

dazzlingboy

Well pick some up then, when i got to the clwyds, theres a few bottles crisp packetsa and mcdougal burger boxes, so i just get a bin bag and pick them up, put them in the bag and dump them at home.

See its so easy.

Agreed, and I do, but that is not the point. They shouldn’t be dropping it in the first place. You, or I, picking it up doesn’t sort it as you seem to think. In fact if anything it reinforces the idea that “I can drop this crap here and some other idiot will clear it up”.

psling
    Free Member

What gets me is that whenever the subject of litter comes up in conversation anywhere everyone agrees that it’s a bad thing and criticises those that drop litter. And I mean everyone to a man!

So, who does drop the litter because it’s always someone else 😕

rewski
    Free Member

Litter is giving mtb a bad name, I’d like to see all the cycling mags and shops get together and do a campaign raising awareness, it’s disgusting and poluting the environment. If you can’t put the empty gel wrapping in your pocket you’re a moron.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I hate litter too, and often take a couple of plastic bottles home to recycle,sadly you never have to look far,normally its near the car park but can be on the trails in the lakes.. 😥

futuresorange
    Free Member

I was at Llandegla a few weeks ago for the first time. I have to say we were shocked by the amount of litter there was all around the trail. Masses of it!

Trail centres are generally in sections, why not have a bin at the end of every couple of sections?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Trail centres are generally in sections, why not have a bin at the end of every couple of sections?

Again, missing the point I think. You shouldn’t need to have bins.

Why should you have to put bins in the woods? What next? A jetwash after muddy sections?

They took the stuff in, why can’t they take it out again?

The number of gel wrappers and CO2 canisters you see about do seem to suggest that the jeyboy racer fraternity may have a lot to answer for. Do they think they”re some sort of multi stage race rockets and therefore exempt?

BermBandit
    Free Member

why not have a bin at the end of every couple of sections?

Why not just make it legal to kick the living crap out of anyone you see dropping litter, and to then turn their happy tackle into a baccy pouch for sale as a branded trail souvenir at the trail shop? Much more likely to succeed IMHO

LoCo
    Free Member

I’m constantly picking litter up when up at Cwmcarn, top of the climb start of the freeride area seems to be the worst, quite a few cans of beers there too 😕

futuresorange
    Free Member

Again, missing the point I think. You shouldn’t need to have bins.

If that was the case why should we need to have litter bins anywhere?

Bunnyhop

It is shocking the amount of litter, even out on the natural trails. A few years ago you wouldn’t see anything. It’s even in quite remote places. Sometimes though, its stuff like those awful celebration balloons, stuck in trees and on the moors. I have picked up stuff in the past, but am loath to do it now, ‘cos people expect the magic trail fairy to whisk it away.

Lately I’ve noticed increased amounts of dog dirt. We only really have one piece of true singletrack locally, there seems to be a big dog turd right in the middle every time I ride.

brakes
    Free Member

Spent a lot of the ride fantasising about lying in the woods wearing a full ghillie suit and using a high powered rifle to take out all littering bastards the second they drop something.

not just me then 😡
    when I develop my powers of invisibility I will devote my life to removing petty criminals from the world

locomotive

Well said old_mtber.

Litter anywhere is pretty damn inexcusable. The amount of litter at trail centres is shameful.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Trail Litter Rant!’ is closed to new replies.