• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by LD.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trail Gators
  • LD
    Free Member

Anyone ever fitted one to an MX16? Not sure if they will clamp round the head tube because of where the top and down tubes merge.
    Are they good/bad/indifferent?

timwillows
    Free Member

They work fairly well, heavier than a tow-a-long but you get the option of detaching the kiddy bike. No idea about a MX16, but the frame does need to fit the clamp and some just don't. You need to get someone to measure the spacing on the clamp and then check against the bike.

robholland
    Free Member

Yeah fitted a few, there ok but not great to fit. Really annoying. Once done though there ok. Only thing is there fitted to the bike and sit down the side when your not towing someone, so if you use your bike alot bit annoying.

PePPeR

As pre Rob Holland they are a bit of a pain to fit but once on they are great. We've had two over the years, one for my son and now one for grandson, the latest one does have a QRC at the top by the seat post so if you're not needing it you can quickly remove the majority of the trailgator and it just leaves a little attachment on the post.

My Son and I used to use ours for XC rides all over the place, he got so good on it, he used to ride along standing up on the saddle and handlebars, but it meant when he got worn out we could carry on much further than if he were on his own.

Is it a Raliegh MX16 you're talking about?

If it is I just googled an image and it looks like it should be no problem, they have several holes to fit the locking piece and I've fitted them to three bikes so far with no complaints. We paid £44 delivered for ours by googling around.

We've just spent two weeks riding all over the place here in France with my 4 year old grandson on the back, in two weeks he's now riding a little without stabilsers, and is far far better balanced when on the trailgator.

LD
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks. It's the Ridgeback MX16 I am needing it to fit and it would go on my old hardtail which I don't ride unless it's with the kids. Need 9cm between the clamps to fit round the head tube.
    My son is pretty independant but would struggle on a longer ride so I see this as the ideal compromise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trail Gators’ is closed to new replies.