Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Trail blockages in Leigh woods
  • shaggy

The trails i know as Jedi and The Rim. Have had a substantial amount wood laid across them this week. Anyone know if this has been done in some official capacity?

boxfish
    Free Member

No idea. Trails were clear last weekend. Just unblock them. It’s probably just stickman up to his old tricks.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I think its a measure made to ensure the ‘magenta’ trail categorisation 😉

shaggy

This is worse than I’ve ever seen. One pile higher is than my bike!

The Saxon Barn trail can be added to the list.

boxfish
    Free Member

Stickman has friends then. It’s just a game. They build ’em. We un-build ’em.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Oooh! Sounds chalenging! At least on the Rim trail, gravity is on your side when you toss the offending logs down the hillside.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Must have been done during the week as it was clear last weekend, where are those trails as I’m not familiar with those names?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I think ‘the rim’ = ‘don’t look down’ or ‘the bit after the teacup trail’.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ah don’t look down, there was some new logs laid over there a few weeks back, they must have come back to do a proper job.

Whoever it is is going to be spitting fire when we have official trails in there.

shaggy

I cleared a couple of sets but there really is a lot. One lot sprang up Monday or tuesday the rest is more recent than that.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Maybe not, half the point is to reduce conflict between user groups.

shaggy

Yeah, Don’t Look Down.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Was it freshly cut or just trail side odds and sods?

rondo101
    Free Member

I happened across him doing it just before xmas on the trail that starts near the partially cleared area in the middle of LW & has an old badger set at the start. Is that Don’t look down?

The first set of logs were actually quite a nice addition, but the second set were too high & I had to carry the bike over them. He suddenly appears from the trees “you know why I’ve doen this, don’t you? It’s because you lot make these paths unpassable for us“.

My comments that his actions were massively hypocritical as he was in fact making the trails unpassable for other users fell on deaf ears.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

That is the teacup trail rondo.

Next time you see him, mention the trail he is blocking were actually created by MTBers, for MTBing. If he stuck to the surfaced walking routes, which we avoid, he’d have no problem.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Was he an old, tall, thin chap with grey hair, wearing red gardening gloves?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Did he ramble incoherently about the woods being closed after sunset and that we’d drag him from his bed to let our non-existant cars out of a carpark we don’t use with a key he dosn’t have?

rondo101
    Free Member

He was old-ish (my guess would be late 50s to 60s), wouldn’t say particularly tall (maybe 5’10”) or notably thin (maybe 12/13st ish). Did have grey hair, but I didn’t notice any gloves, although given the number of logs he was moving I’d imagine he probably did. Had a springer with him (brown & white).

edit – no incoherent rambling. If anything I may have detected a slight scotish twang, but he was very clear in his voice.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

KINGTUT
    Free Member

He was old-ish (my guess would be late 50s to 60s), wouldn’t say particularly tall (maybe 5’10”) or notably thin (maybe 12/13st ish). Did have grey hair, but I didn’t notice any gloves, although given the number of logs he was moving I’d imagine he probably did. Had a springer with him (brown & white).

That sounds like the chap, seen him a few times scurrying around.

shaggy

That sounds like the guy who caused a fuss at the Halloween ride the other year. I’m fairly sure it hasn’t been the same person all the time though.

Here’s a picture of the worst blockage I found.

Stickman strikes again by Shaggy John, on Flickr

Other than that the trails are ace at the moment!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Get your spade out and use them as a foundation for an awesome jump….

Northwind

Just make sure when you clear it, you drag the stuff a decent distance away so it’s harder to put back… Or better yet break out the saws.

flatfish
    Free Member

WOW 😯

noteeth
    Free Member

I’d build some kind of massive North Shore thing over the top of it, just to pish him off.

dans160
    Free Member

I think he comes to the woods where I ride as well. His specialty appears to be placing pointy bits at jump landings.

Idiots.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Trail blockages in Leigh woods’ is closed to new replies.