Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Track Pumps – Is there any reason to shell out a fortune?
  • bigblackshed

The standard answer to the OP was one of these:

You had to put it in your will they lasted that long. But now they have gone silly money the standard answer is something else. I’m not sure what though. But the Topeak Joe Blow head works like it should on my inflator.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Silca’s are lovely, but are really designed for high pressure road and track. A 220psi dial I think. One of the best bits about the Silca is the head, and you can get that separately for around 40 quid. It’s a joy to use compared to the awkward clunky heads most pumps seem to come with these days. For road, a Rennkompressor with a Silca head is about as good as it gets IMO.

For MTB and CX I’d get a decent high volume pump with a low pressure gauge. Probably that Topeak one.

For tubeless inflation, then a compressor or separate tubeless chamber thing (or go ghetto if on a budget – mine only really struggles with seating very tight road tyres.)

Speeder

I can’t quite understand why the Rennkompressor dial goes as high as does as it’s borderline unusable ant anything over 110psi. I have on occasion managed to get my GHetto Airshot up to 140psi but that was with an awful amount of weight on it and very tired arms at the end (it IS about 5 mins pumping to get there mind) It just seems like there’s at least 25% of the dial that’s redundant and could be better used giving a decent 0-30psi scale.

Does feel like it’ll outlast me though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Curious that, maybe something to do with the ghetto airshot as I’ve had no trouble getting 150 psi in a tub with a Rennkompressor.

pablojm
    Free Member

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-professional-track-pump/ This is a thing of beauty, had it for a few years and it is great

I’ve a Joe Blow too – can’t go wrong with that either.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Track Pumps – Is there any reason to shell out a fortune?’ is closed to new replies.