Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Toyota Auris/Verso
  • aleigh
    Free Member

I'm think about getting either one……do any of you have any experience of them and are they any good?!

Daffy

No experience of an Auris Veso, but if I were in the market for such a vehicle I think I'd be looking toward a Ford S-MAX.

aleigh
    Free Member

I can see why (my friend has one) but it's just that bit too big for what I need really 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

test drove one, found it a bit small inside, especially the back, got a Nissan Note in the end (it has picnic tables!) and haven't regretted it

aleigh
    Free Member

picnic tables 😀

*googles local nissan garage* 😉

Daffy

Yeah, but look:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160367888211&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

It's got like TVs and everything…and a honking great engine.

aleigh
    Free Member

the verso has cup holders…………

Daffy

You know the s-max is only 40cm longer? Weird, as it looks a whole lot bigger.

rOcKeTdOg

oh, and test drove the Auris, not verso, verso is bigger than the Note

aleigh
    Free Member

has ford improved over the years though?

Daffy

I've owned a Ford Focus and a Ford Ka for 8 years between them. The Ka broke down once, the Focus never at all. They cost me nothing except wear and tear parts over their combined ownership.

I'd buy another Ford again in a heartbeat. In fact that S-MAX above would be my perfect family car….or maybe a 5 series estate…. 🙂

If you can get past the rather dull badge image I think Fords are the best of the VW/FORD/VAUXHALL triumverate in most car classes.

Ka, Fiesta, S-MAX, Kuga – all class leaders.

But, I'd buy a Scirocco(?) over a Focus and a Passat over a Mondeo purely on styling.

uplink
    Free Member

I'd get the Toyota purely to not have to put up with the surly & downright rude garage staff that I've had to endure in the past with Ford

The Toyota 2.2 diesel is very nice BTW

Daffy

Change your dealership not your car?

PS: I dont work for or own a Ford. I'm a student.

DezB
    Free Member

Hi Ali, would you be buying new or second hand?
    My big bro is the used car manager at Toyota in Soton and I could get details, test drive, maybe a good deal for ya.
    Lemme know if ya need anyfing.
    Dez

saladdodger
    Free Member

TBH there is no such thing as a bad new car on the road nowadays

its just down to personal choice

uplink
    Free Member

Change your dealership not your car?

I found it was almost universal – I used to look after 50+ Connect vans from all over the country
    They really were awful to deal with

aleigh
    Free Member

I have a Honda Civic at the mo and love it. I'm not keen on new shape (pointless spoiler in the way and all that!) and don't want to get an older model of the one I have. I like the FRV but don't know if I could cope with a third person in the front!

aleigh
    Free Member

Hi Dez 😀

Given I'd lose a lot of money on a new one I'd prefer to get a used car….I'll email you 😀

Sandwich

Fords tend to like their fuel more than most in my experience.

oldfart

Just make sure whatever you get makes it's own way everywhere ! 😆

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mrs GTTH has an Auris. It's fine if a little bland, good room inside but she admits that the test drive appeal of the 'funky' cockpit has worn a little thin during ownership. The handbrake's a bit weird and often takes her two hands to undo it on the drive and depending on how short / tall you are, you may find like she does, that the location of some of the storage bins and so on are designed for a taller rather than shorter person.

Good solid car though – and doesn't cost much to run or service. HTH.

takisawa2

We have an 04' D4D Verso. Very nice, practical etc. Well built also. Averages about 42mpg, now has almost 100k on the clock & still drives like when we first bought it. Looked at Ford/Vauxhall/Citroen etc, but have now been spoiled by owning a Toyota.
    Had a Corolla before, that was also excellent.
    D4D engines are very good.
    IMO only downside to Toyota was the totally useless main dealer in Plymouth.
    Our local one (Tamworth) are excellent.
    Haven't tried an Auris but friend did & loved it, but no movement on price so he bought a Civic.

aleigh
    Free Member

Just make sure whatever you get makes it's own way everywhere !
    Posted 8 hours ago

nothing wrong with the existing 'aleighnav' i have you know!

aleigh
    Free Member

oldfart

JPP ! x 😉

Trekster

Might look like a big motor but may I suggest a VW Touran?

My wife would not drive what she classed a big car until through work she has/d to drive various big cars such as Nissan X Trail. So when I suggested(again)a Touran type car to haul kids & grand kids around she was a bit more receptive.
    She will not part with it now, the only thing likely to change in the futures will be the reg 😀
    It is "her" car btw, I only get a loan of it 😆

dab

civic over auris anyday

so much so i bought a 2.2 es diesel

only down side is they arent great in snow, but some winter tyres should help, Auris was too bouncy, poor seats, silly change up down lights and just plain dull, but the wife had done the yaris thing previously so wanted to give them a go

toyota garage couldnt be bothered with us despite being customers for 5 years + , honda were great, family run business, gave us a great trade in and let us take cars out unacompained etc

the hondas not perfect …but close to it
    stuck with the dealer 2yrs plus now and theyve been ace, i get cars to try when its in for service, first name terms with staff and they all have time of day to chat … refreshing these days

might consider a CRV as a 2nd car soon for the skiing

try used section @ http://www.westendgarage.net

def avoid VW .. jumped up gets ….

edit.
    didnt realise you already had a previous shape civic, trust me you wont miss a rear wiper and the boot / magic seats are brilliant

2.2 engine is really powerful ( can get it chipped up to 175bhp for about 350-400 ) and plenty boot for overtakes, quite efficient too

downsides, not cheapest to service , thats about it !!

a mates got a 2.2 FRV can fold the middle seat down … very roomy , drives well , petrols are gutless tho ( same for the civic exc type r)

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

my mrs has a verso and I love it, it's not that big but very roomy inside, solid build and practical. Good to drive and in 2.2 tdi, both fast enough and economical.

we drove round france for a month in it last year, fuly loaded with a roof box and it never put a foot wrong. As u can tell, I quite like it and couldn't recommend one enough.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Toyota Auris/Verso’ is closed to new replies.