• This topic has 29 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Toyota Auris- tell me about it
  • hora
    Free Member

What does the STW think and ownership experiences?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Reliable, well made, zzz… sorry…well priced…zzzzz…ermmm…Zzzzzzzzz

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d be afraid I might fall asleep driving it 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Oh don’t get me wrong. I put my Subaru in for its MOT on Sat and they asked for £1,000 to replace the exhaust. So I crave reliability and low-running costs.

Sick of paying out.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Wouldnt touch one with a barge pole. Unreliable and thrown together with a catapult.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

A grand for an exhaust?!

Tell them you don’t need a full titanium Tubi system!

molgrips
    Free Member

Cheap. When I was looking at a new car, I could have got a brand new one on scrappage for £12k which is what I was looking at spending on a used car. The only reason I didn’t was that the diesel engine only has 90bhp which was crap given that I wanted to tow with it. However as I found out later it’d also have been a bit too light for towing too.

uplink
    Free Member

Just bought a 2l d4d T-spirt for the missus, built in 6″ screen sat/nav, iPhone connector

Good solid car, nice to drive & handles pretty good too
    Easy to get a couple of bikes in the back

Early days to say much more though

They do a T180 version if you need/want more than the standard 125bhp

hora
    Free Member

Surfy, yep. I found a place in Walsall and drove down there very very early one morning and had the mot redone at the sametime.

That was the last straw. Sick of focusing on the next bit(s) that need doing on a Subaru.

I’d buy a Focus but I can not face talking to a Ford salesman. Especially as 3yr+ Foci only come with 3months warranty from my local main dealer and I’m not spending the depreciation cash on a new one that is still within warranty.

Surrounded By Zulus – it comes with a Toyota main dealers backup so I don’t care! Sick of spending my bike money on keeping a car on the road.

hora
    Free Member

I’d buy a Ford Ka however again I’d need to speak to a Ford dealer and the missus would kill me if I turned up with one of those (‘wheres the pram going to fit’ etc)… 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

Ka is in no way a substitute for an Auris!

theteaboy
    Free Member

Bought one as a baby wagon 2 years ago.

Dull dull dull dull

But:

Immaculately reliable, cheap to buy, cheap to insure, cheap to run, comfy seats, decent space (2 bikes in the back with one rear seat down and front wheels off. Just don’t let junior put fingers in the chain).

Equivalent Leon and Focus were £1k more. Golfs were ludicrously expensive.

Oh and they all seem to have squeaky front brakes.

Bregante

One of the pool cars at my work place is a two year old Auris. I’ve driven it for a good few thousand miles this year and tbh it’s a pretty comfortable, quiet, small car. We also have a couple of new Astra’s and an Insignia and I’d take it over them any day of the week. If it were my money though I think I’d go for a Focus if you’re not worried about image. Great driving car and you can get a two year old one dirt cheap.

hora
    Free Member

Bregante the difference is price is enough though. I’m only planning to keep the Auris for just over a year as Im buying the bro in laws mkVI Golf when he comes to the end of his company lease term with it.

If I buy 2yr old Focus its circa 3k more than the Auris. Thats too much difference and potentially loss.

Bregante

fairy nuff. Nowt wrong with the Auris then if you ask me 😀

hora
    Free Member

Plus I’ve been offered 6% apr from Toyota direct. Aftermarket finance is waaaay silly above that.

Yep I’d have a Focus but for the period/maths and hassle (selling it privately or offering it to a main dealer garage) – Toyota wins this.

bigbob38
    Free Member

The engine is the same as the one’s in the avensis – I had 3 of those as company cars since the ‘new’ shape stated…

Good, solid, economical, reliable – all of mine had done 140k + when they went back with little trouble…
    The MPG was good too – even the 180bhp 2.2 deisel estate retured 45mpg ave and I tend to ‘put the foot down’ a bit…

Now got a volvo v70 2l deisel – 38 mpg on a good day and if I put my foot down…. well i can see why it’s got a huge fuel tank… 😯

for what its worth: buy it, you won’t love it, it will just work…

molgrips
    Free Member

Plus I’ve been offered 6% apr from Toyota direct.

All manufs are offering great credit I think – they need to sell cars.

hora
    Free Member

If you buy a brand new car from them on promotion yes; Mazda, Toyota, Honda, Seat etc.

Used though is a different story.

rOcKeTdOg

i test drove an Auris and bought a Nissan Note, loads of room, 49mpg on the 1.4 petrol it even has picnic tables built into the rear seats FFS!

hora
    Free Member

I test drove a Note. The tailgate is too low when opened. I hit my head twice alone. Its circa 5.8ft at fully open I bet!

rOcKeTdOg

6ft 2 here, i can however bend at the knees 😉

preddall
    Free Member

Drive one… it’s the best way to know if you’ll like one… 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

If you buy a brand new car from them on promotion yes; Mazda, Toyota, Honda, Seat etc.

Used though is a different story.

7% on my used Passat this time last year from the main dealer, when the banks all wanted 15% or nothing to do with me.

Hora, have a look at a Honda Civic. It’s looks aren’t for everyone (but neither are the Auris’) but they’re well made, cheap to run, have loads of room inside (boot is huge with seats folded down) and I always found my local Honda dealer (Ewell Honda) good to deal with.

I would’ve happily got another Civic if they made one with a little more go than a Type S and a little less thirsty than a Type R.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Ditto the Civic- it’ll cost you a pittance to keep running and I find mine good fun to drive.

djglover
    Free Member

My parents have an Auris, they are pensioners and they specced the beige cloth interior. I hate it. However its been reliable for them though apart from the OEM tyres which wore out fast.

What about a Ibiza, great great fun car, corners like its on wheels. I have the 100PS TDI sport remaped to 150, 5 doors, ISO fix, fits a double buggy in the boot. I love it

Like this one:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2227273.htm

Pook

corners like its on wheels

surely that should be ‘rails’, anyway, niggles aside, if you’re going to get a VW made car, surely you should get a golf?

Cracking car.

LimboJimbo

Hora, YGM. 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Toyota Auris- tell me about it’ is closed to new replies.