Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tourettes
  • aleigh
    Free Member

Yeah I know it can be funny and yes I have been known to laugh at the poor kids and adults that swear randomly! However I have a daughter who has many habits as she calls them…..thankfully she doesn’t swear out loud lol!

Are there are parents on here that have children with tourettes? I know it can be a taboo subject but I really would love to hear from people that are in my situation. One of my work colleagues has it and has been really helpful. His habits are different to my daughters and when I told him I had told her about him he asked ‘I bet you didn’t tell her what I do did you?!!’ I replied ‘urmmmm, no!’

As I said I can laugh about it but living with someone that has it is pretty hard work!!

allthepies
    Free Member

Bye!

aleigh
    Free Member

That would be an awful tick to have……their arms would be knackered!

oldfart

wonder who she learnt it from ? 😉 x

aleigh
    Free Member

The milkman……! X

samuri
    Free Member

It’s an interesting disorder isn’t it?
    For the more extreme cases, you have to be aware of what is socially acceptable and unacceptable before you can get it and then some part of you takes a concious decision to deliberately buck the rules.

The swearing and spitting and the like to me is purely an attention seeking thing and isn’t really tourettes which is normally just tics and involuntary sounds. The good news is that most children with tourettes ‘grow out of it’.

Mozart was supposed to have had tourettes according to wikipedia and then there’s that chap who jumps around on motorbikes.

saladdodger
    Free Member

oldfart – Member
    wonder who she learnt it from ? x

er got any clues for us 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

The swearing and spitting and the like to me is purely an attention seeking thing and isn’t really tourettes which is normally just tics and involuntary sounds. The good news is that most children with tourettes ‘grow out of it’.

if only it were that simple! doesn’t quite work like that 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oooh, ooh, ooh… I have funny picture… shall I share?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Please!

cinnamon_girl

TSY – please don’t.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Not very PC but this guy is amazing:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_F9yRpx_M&feature=related[/video]

Davesport

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtCG0wG-5E0&feature=related[/video]This bloke’s the real deal & a local hero.

Up tae ma knees in ****** cowpat.

cinnamon_girl

Guys – read aleigh’s post. She is looking for constructive advice, not having the pi$$ taken.

Please show some sensitivity by engaging brain before you post. Thanks.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its not taking the piss, its showing how other people deal with the situation.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ummm, yeah… really hope my picture last week didn’t cause offence Aleigh, if it did… I’m sorry.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tourettes’ is closed to new replies.