Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tour of the Cornfields – How'd it go?
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

After deciding not to travel the 120 miles to ride it as the forecast was
    for heavy rain it looks like it might have stayed dry after all. Hope everyone had a good time.

london_lady
    Free Member

No it didn’t stay dry – very heavy rain with about 20km to go. Well signed course but some of the tracks around the fields really did take it out of me. Still pleased I finished though.

simondbarnes

It was a really ace ride. Sadly, my ride was ended early by a gashed tyre. Emergency repairs got me to the finish (on road – no front brake and a heavily patched tyre wasn’t ideal for offroad) and still got 50 miles in the legs 🙂

Gash 🙁 by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Lovingly Mended by simondbarnes, on Flickr

No braking by simondbarnes, on Flickr

aP
    Free Member

It did get quite damp after 2 hours, fortunately I’d been face down in a field before then so the rain washed the blood off. Mark & Stephie put on a good show today.

benslow
    Free Member

^^^ Agreed – Nicely run event and lovely course.

Second time I’ve done it and preferred this years anti-clockwise route.

Nice and fast until the rain hit but I got to the sports centre just before the big shower came down – 4hrs 11 all in.

Will be back for it again next year.

simondbarnes

fortunately I’d been face down in a field before then so the rain washed the blood off

Oops! Pete said you’d crashed, hope you’re not too battered?

A few more piccies I took…http://www.flickr.com/photos/simondbarnes/sets/72157627469142993/

slowjo
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it. Got away in the first group, got slightly damp after the feed stop but beat the rain back My Garmin said 3hrs 54. No idea if that is respectable or not, my excuse (it it isn’t) is that I was riding a rigid (Swift).

Some sections were damned hard and I nearly slowed to a halt once or twice.

Do they post times?

Will be back for next year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tour of the Cornfields – How'd it go?’ is closed to new replies.