Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Tour de celeb Channel 5 7pm tonight
  • natrix
    Free Member

Eight celebs (I didn’t recognise any of them) racing against each other in two teams on L’Étape du Tour!!

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/cycling/tour-de-celeb

Should be good fodder for pointing at the TV and and tutting lots :mrgreen:

doris5000

looks crap.

what’s that? Jodie Kidd in lycra, you say?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Could be quite fun, may give some perspective to the masses and another boost for cycling 🙂

JAG

Jodie Kidd in lycra

… so I’m in 😛 😯 8)

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve heard of 5 of 8.

what’s that? Jodie Kidd in lycra, you say?

what’s that? Amy Williams in lycra, you say?

I bet Jodie, Amy, Austin and Darren are quite competitive and Louis is a strong bloke.

jimjam
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Could be quite fun, may give some perspective to the masses and another boost for cycling

Nah, come tomorrow morning you’re just going to get a load of fat lazy carbivores telling you “that’s why them professional guys are all on drugs”. “If they gave them all the drugs they gave Stretch Armstrong they could do it”. “I could bloody do that if I was on them drugs”. Etc.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s got click bait stamped all over it.

Honestly, why even bother.

buckster
    Free Member

Hugo Taylor

Creator and star of Made in Chelsea

jimjam
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

It’s got click bait stamped all over it.

Honestly, why even bother.

Because hopefully one of them will be seriously injured.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

buckster – Member

master of copy and paste

Harry_the_Spider

Hugo Taylor

Creator and star of Made in Chelsea
    nope. still no clue.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Had already seen it and set to record.
    Not really expecting great things tbh, but it’ll be something to watch with dinner one evening

(I didn’t recognise any of them)

Exactly what planet have you been living on?

zanelad
    Free Member

I’ll be watching, if only for Louis Spence.

He makes me laugh.

tomhoward

Planet STW. Where the meaning of life is to dismiss someone/something because you haven’t heard of them/are ingnorant

Harry_the_Spider

I saw Louis Spence in Panto a few years ago (he was on with The Hoff!).

If you look past the squeaky voice he is a massively strong bloke.

natrix
    Free Member

The one where you don’t watch loads of TV…………..

fifeandy
    Free Member

The one where you don’t watch loads of TV…………..

Or read newspapers, or attend sporting events evidently…………

natrix
    Free Member

Or read newspapers,

Not the red-tops no. Austin Healey rang a bell, but then I realised I was thinking of a frog-eyed sprite (the car, not a funny bug-eyed elf).

jimjam
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

I saw Louis Spence in Panto a few years ago (he was on with The Hoff!).

If you look past the squeaky voice he is a massively strong bloke.

I’d say his strength to fabulousness ratio is almost unrivaled.

Harry_the_Spider

He is very fabulous.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Any tv program thread always brings the usual suspects on to say ‘no never heard of him/her as I’m not so common as to watch television’. I never understand why people who don’t watch tv are in the majority on threads about tv.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Watching a programme about something I love (cycling, not Jodie Kidd) being ruined by being given the reality TV treatment, including the falsehoods, the pretend crises, the look at me celeb stuff, the bad cycling?

No thanks.

fifeandy
    Free Member

the pretend crises, the look at me celeb stuff

Yes, that’s certainly a concern (and what i’m expecting).

jimjam
    Free Member

Gary_M

Any tv program thread always brings the usual suspects on to say ‘no never heard of him/her as I’m not so common as to watch television’. I never understand why people who don’t watch tv are in the majority on threads about tv.

I watch TV and the only names I know from that list are Louis Spence from Eight out of Ten cats and Jodie Kidd. And I don’t think I would know her if she hadn’t popped up on a load of car shows over the last ten years.

Gary_M
    Free Member

including the falsehoods, the pretend crises

Seems to go down well on here for programs that involve Guy Martin.

MrSparkle

Harry_the_Spider – Member

I saw Louis Spence in his Pants a few years ago .

He is massive.

zanelad
    Free Member

I watch TV and the only names I know from that list are Louis Spence from Eight out of Ten cats and Jodie Kidd. And I don’t think I would know her if she hadn’t popped up on a load of car shows over the last ten years.

Never heard of Austin Healey or Darren Gough? Cricket, Rubgy…….get out more man.

I’ve never heard of most slebs on reality shows, but most of these 8 I knew of. The Essex girl and the Chelase chap apart admittedly 😳

doris5000

I don’t watch TV either (and won’t be watching this) but even I’ve heard of Darren Gough and Austin Healey. And, er, the lovely Jodie obviously.

But I try to keep a lid on the whole ‘not watching TV’ thing because I’m well aware that TV non-watchers are just as tiresome as ex-smokers, the anti-religion crowd and people who think Cyclists Should Pay Road Tax 😳

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

It tickled me when they showed the line up I’m a celebrity get me out of here, the only one I knew was the girly from gogglebox who is famous for watching other people on telly

jimjam
    Free Member

zanelad

Never heard of Austin Healey or Darren Gough? Cricket, Rubgy…….get out more man.
    [/quote]

Austin Healey is a car. I don’t watch cricket, I don’t watch rugby and I don’t feign interest or talk about them to people who do.

I get out plenty, out on my bike, out for walks with the family, out to the jiu-jitsu club….maybe what you mean by out is go to the pub? That’s where crushing bores who live vicariously by watching ball sports tend to congregate in my experience so thanks but no thanks 😉

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Reality stars Hugo Taylor and Lucy Mecklenburgh, TV presenters Angellica Bell and Jodie Kidd, sports personalities Darren Gough, Amy Williams and Austin Healey and choreographer Louie Spence have eight weeks to prepare before they attempt to tackle one of the toughest stages of the Tour de France.

On coaching duties are ex-Olympic cyclist Rob Hayles, sports scientist Asker Jeukendrup and Sarah Storey, Britain’s most successful Paralympian.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Shame you have not heard of Amy Williams, Rob Hayles, Sarah Storey. One or two of them ride bikes I think!!

theotherjonv

I also suspect that when it comes to it, Gough, Healey, Williams and also possibly Kidd are actually pretty competitive, and if they take on a challenge like this won’t be just out for shits and giggles. They may be ex-players now but they don’t like ‘losing’

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Austin Healey is quite a keen cyclist so will be interesting to see how he goes.

natrix
    Free Member

Shame you have not heard of Amy Williams, Rob Hayles, Sarah Storey

Rob Hayles & Sarah Storey aren’t part of the ‘slebs group and I have heard of both of them 😀

paton
    Free Member

If Remi Gaillard is there it might be worth watching

zanelad
    Free Member

[/quote]I get out plenty, out on my bike, out for walks with the family, out to the jiu-jitsu club….maybe what you mean by out is go to the pub? That’s where crushing bores who live vicariously by watching ball sports tend to congregate in my experience so thanks but no thanks

Not I don’t mean the pub. Had I meant the pub I would have said so. I do think you should get your head out of you arse though. You do seem so far up it I wonder how you manage to breath.

ampthill

I shall watch it and then let you know what I think

tillydog
    Free Member

On now. A bit weak.

Who the hell is that irritating, camp, asshole?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Tour de celeb Channel 5 7pm tonight’ is closed to new replies.