Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • totaly lost
  • focusmudplugger
    Free Member

what do you do ? out of the blue my girlfriend of 6 years left me , speech less, stunned ? lost,

Merak

Coke & Hookers obvz

JAG

Oh man! I have no words other than I’m sorry 😥

Talk to your mates and see your family. Keep doing whatever you do and ride your bike.

Stay positive if that’s possible

Jamie
    Free Member

Time heals all.

Keep busy.

Reconnect with friends.

Use Tinder.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bike.
    Ride it.
    Quickly.

zippykona

HopefulIy don’t need my break up song anymore … you can have it.
    [video]https://youtu.be/xnMxEuhzOlg?list=RDxnMxEuhzOlg[/video]

dantsw13

Can you give us some background? Age, work, where do you live? Joint house?

I feel for you – stuff like this out of the blue leave you empty. Hopefully with some context STW can come through for you.

teasel
    Free Member

If there were no signs whatsoever then it’s going to be hard to get any form of satisfactory closure.

Any way you can get to talk to her? A mutual friend, perhaps?

doublezero
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that from my own mistakes don’t drown your sorrows its a slippery slope, keep busy ride more, you have a chance to enjoy yourself, relish the time, start some new hobbies.

Don’t dwell on why she left or what went wrong it will drive you nuts, somethings happen for reasons good or bad.

Look after yourself, nice food, sleep & if you feel you need to talk, talk to someone don’t bottle it in,this foum has been a great help to many in the past who have found themselves in the same situation.

Good luck

rmacattack
    Free Member

tinder, go out to the pub.

jambourgie
    Free Member

It’s gonna sting. No way around it. Just got to ride it out in whatever way suits. Like most people, I’ve been through this multiple times. And every time it bloody hurts, but you know what? Every time, it gets better. And when it does (in about three months for me) you’ll be a much stronger man. Because after the drinking period you’ll have a quiet word with yourself. And you’ll start to grow. You’ll throw yourself into a project, whether it be work goals, self-improvement, gym/bike gains whatever. And when that three months is up (you’ll have probably written it in your diary) you’ll look back and be amazed at what you’ve accomplished and how far you’ve come. This will be great for you. Trust me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

don’t drown your sorrows its a slippery slope, keep busy ride more, you have a chance to enjoy yourself, relish the time, start some new hobbies.

Don’t dwell on why she left or what went wrong it will drive you nuts, somethings happen for reasons good or bad.

Look after yourself, nice food, sleep & if you feel you need to talk, talk to someone don’t bottle it in,this foum has been a great help to many in the past who have found themselves in the same situation.

^^This^^

focusmudplugger
    Free Member

cheers double zero posotive words , only happened today but friends flooding msg text in im just destroyed totaly out the blue came from no where

dantsw13

I used to think the end of a relationship a good time to lose yourself in exercise. Be selfish for a few weeks and buff yourself up! Luckily for me I’ve been married 20 years so I’m a bit out of practice!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

buff yourself up

Bit early to be discussing that, Shirley?

properbikeco
    Free Member

lots of good websites around to help with this – really selfish way to act if no communication of difficulties or effort to sort them.

You won’t believe it atm but you are better off without them.
    All advice above is ace, esp lose yourself in exercise.
    Also cut ties and keep moving forward – don’t look back!!!

IHN

Cry.

Seriously, a lot. Let it out.

dantsw13

CFH – I used to work on the principle it was the perfect compromise. Lose yourself in exercise, take your mind off it and the added bonus of getting fitter. If folks feel I’m saying the wrong thing, fair do’s, I’ll bow out – as I said – been out of the game 20 yrs!

thejesmonddingo

I think CFH may have had another meaning of buff in mind 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

chewkw
    Free Member

focusmudplugger – Member
    what do you do ? out of the blue my girlfriend of 6 years left me , speech less, stunned ? lost,

That happened to me many years ago.

It will hurt more when your sac are fully loaded and ready to go but no way to release … they feel heavy …

Nothing you can do about if she wants to leave.

Think of something else to do … 😮

dantsw13

See, told you I’m old & out of the game!!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It will hurt more when your sac are fully loaded and ready to go but no way to release … they feel heavy …

😆 😆 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

6 years?

Try 15 with 2 kids & she naffs off with your best ‘mate’.

Time heals, you’ll be fine, go out & shag everything in sight. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Time heals, you’ll be fine, go out & shag everything in sight.

^^^ This. 😛

singletrackmind

Wee in her shoes
    Wee in the sink
    Leave the toilet seat up
    Tea spoons in the cup, in the kitchen sink ,with no repercussions
    No need to watch period dramas ( insert own low brow joke here )
    Shopping can be acheived in 1/4 of the time

Its not all bad

jekkyl

Stella Artois

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Go on a trip to Thailand or Vietnam for 6 months.

It’ll be a toss up between getting an STD from backpackers in the hostels…. or the locals. Youll be shagging so much your cock will fall off.

Return home and stay with your parentsf or a few months and enjoy home cooked food whilst youre finding a new job and undergoing HIV prophylaxis.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Get rid of every trace of her from your life, she didn’t deserve you.

Then go out and P.A.R.T.Y. (Sex will follow)

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Foreign Legion Recruiting Group

3 square a day and free French lessons 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

and yes…. if all else fails there is always the legion.

I hear Corsican hookers are cheap…

singletrackmind

ohhhh really? Im off to Corsica next satuurday. Best get me alot moooar euros quick smart .
    and some in date condoms , its been a while ( light years )

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Time for a new patio or bicycle.

That’s arse.

If you want a South Downs extravaganza ride let me know. It can be cider fuelled towards the end.

chip
    Free Member

Get tested, she’s probably been shagging someone from work.

My condolences.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

focusmudplugger, as you can hopefully see above, if all else fails, the dark and at times gallows humour of this place will see you through.

All joking aside, the number of people I’ve seen come on here with a problem, and who’ve had the support, knowledge, care and humour of what is just a ragtag bunch of people who occasionally dabble with bikes….well, it’s inspiring.

We’re an odd bunch, and at times our humour is odder, and yes, we argue a lot about all sorts of stuff, but ultimately, it’s good. We’ll listen. We’ll help.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

do not forget to exercise – it is easy to wallow in ‘it’ and become even more down because of the lack of exercise. I found running had the best ‘hit’ verses time spent.

Join up to some dating websites, just to read the womens profiles and realise that there are a lot of people out there in the same sort of situation.

Some of the sites have people that just want friends or non-commital dates, etc, it might be worth going out with a few people like that, depends whether you want to blub a lot to them which they won’t really want to hear.

Tinder might be best for actual dating though.

Your normal friends might be too close to the situation.

Get a couple of british short hair cats…

andykirk
    Free Member

If it has happened out of the blue and you haven’t done anything obviously wrong to affect the relationship then she owes it to you to talk it through with you and explain. If she is not willing to do this with you then she is not worth bothering about or wasting any time getting upset over. If she says it is over do not try to get her back, it is a waste of time and you will only feel like a dick later for trying to have done so.

You will be totally miserable for a little while and that is good and fine, be miserable, nothing wrong with that. After a while though, as someone said above, some event will trigger a little voice inside your head to say ‘get a grip’. That in turn will trigger strength reserves you probably don’t know you even have right now and after that things will start to look up.

funkmasterp

Lay on the floor and queue up your favourite albums. Chill and get lost in them for a few hours. Get on the bike and just ride. I always find both these work for helping to clear my head. Stay strong OP and keep posting on here if it helps

oldtalent
    Free Member

Vodka & cats. Well it worked for all the chicks I’ve dumped.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Go and get yourself checked at the std clinic / gum clinic. Then go and meet new people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘totaly lost’ is closed to new replies.