• This topic has 66 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by paton.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Tory in "being a total dick head" shock
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This isn’t the first time that Chris Grayling hasn’t got fully to grips with his brief.

A couple of years back when he was Justice Secretary he wrote a piece for the Daily Mail in which he claimed that judges in the European Court of Human Rights were “not by any means all legally qualified”.

This is in fact completely false and the Daily Mail was later forced to publish a humiliating correction.

Chris Grayling Forced To Correct His Daily Mail Human Rights Article

So as Justice Secretary Chris Grayling didn’t fully understand a very important legal structure, and couldn’t be even bothered to check the validity of his claims before sending an article for publication, and as Transport Secretary he doesn’t fully understand what constitute a road user.

Top talent in Theresa May’s cabinet, eh?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Two remarkable things about Grayling

1. He is much taller in real life than he appears on TV
    2. He has a weird semi-permanent look/expression that suggest that he has soiled himself and is wondering if anyone else has noticed. It’s most peculiar.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You must lead an interesting social life THM.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Correct

eddyp
    Free Member

‘Village idiot makes idiotic statement – more to follow’. How DO these village idiots make it to where they are exactly?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can tell. Any coming dinner engagements that you want to tell us about?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How DO these village idiots make it to where they are exactly?

Other idiots in the village vote for them ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I can tell.

You appear to be a better clairvoyant than debater then

Any coming dinner engagements that you want to tell us about?

Plenty, but given ^ above you know the details already.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

hebdencyclist – Member
    Dig up an old interview and argue about whether Grayling should have said “other road users” instead of just “road users”
    Yet when given the opportunity to clarify, he did. He clarified that he does not see cyclists as road users in a situation where there is a cycle lane alongside a road.

FTFY

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well you’ve managed to lose me THM. How does me saying “I can tell” when you confirm that you have an interesting social life make me a clairvoyant? Do you actually understand what clairvoyant means?

You don’t need supernatural powers beyond normal sensory perception to figure out that you must lead a fascinating social life, you drop enough hints – as you well know.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well you’ve managed to lose me THM

Thats not hard.

Anyway back to Grayling being a dick…

zippykona

Give the bloke some slack he is busy sorting out the rail strike…..oh he’s not.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thats not hard.

You are so unbelievably predictable THM! I knew as I wrote it that you would come back with something like that. And no, it doesn’t require the powers of a clairvoyant to figure out your likely response – you are pretty consistent and predictable 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Odd that you lost me then? You must be having a bad day/worse than normal. I hope that it/you get better soon.

Anyway back to Grayling being a dick…..

bails

Get a room you two!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I will wait until Ernie feels a bit better first. He’s a little off form at the moment – perhaps its Jezza’s poor showing that is making him feel so low? He has my sympathies.

Grayling?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I will wait until Ernie feels a bit better first.

I’m feeling fine THM.

In fact I’m feeling like this :

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dead?

That explains the clairvoyant properties – you are supernatural!

xora

its official, we are not road users so we don’t have to pay road tax, stick that up where the sunshine doesn’t daily mail readers 😛

richmtb

Ahh… Chris Grayling, a man who makes Jeremy Hunt look on top of his brief

mudshark
    Free Member

Are bus drivers road users? Or is there an important difference between their relevant lanes?

MoreCashThanDash

Chris Grayling, a man who makes Jeremy Hunt look on top of his brief

**** me, that’s worrying!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Are bus drivers road users? Or is there an important difference between their relevant lanes?

Do they ‘get in the way’ of cars? Then no, they are not road users – they are a very naughty boy*

* Page 1 of The Highway Choad (21st Century Revised Edition from Post-Fact Publications)

chakaping
    Free Member

I was out for a road ride today, got beeped and sworn at by two different drivers – both irate that I was riding in secondary position.

Probably just a co-incidence, but hey.

paton
    Free Member

When you were sworn at , was it this guy?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q80_BtDpkbk[/video]

paton
    Free Member

“Guidance that compels us to treat each other as human beings not obstacles – who wouldn’t want that?”

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/campaigning/article/20170118-campaigning-Chris-Boardman–Support-British-Cycling-s-Turning-the-Corner-campaign-0

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Tory in "being a total dick head" shock’ is closed to new replies.