Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Torture
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

This weekend the wife and our little boy are heading up to dumfries. The wife’s sister is getting married in a castle on tuesday up there.

So because we are going up on sat we have a few days to kill….now in an ideal world i would leave the heavily pregnant wife and 9 month old little boy to go and play around 7 stanes……but i can’t do that…………….so…..

What is there to do in Dumfries area, that doesn’t involve mounting biking or walking?

I heard there is a david coulthard museum…surely this is made up!!

stucol
    Free Member

Yes there is a Coulthard Museum but i think it closed ?? (may want to check that).

Err, you could go fishing.

Or arrange the wedding for a weekend with forest rallying on ?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

stevie750

This Place is great
    It’s got a excelent play park for kids and the ice cream is brilliant

Cream o galloway

I would stay out of Dumfries town centre it’s not very nice!

schnullelieber
    Free Member

I fear I’ve brewed a pot of tea and opened a packet of bourbon creams for nothing.

MrsTricky
    Free Member

You could always visit Caerlaverock Castle, my favourite castle in the world!

Lots of space so your son can run around, and a tearoom too.

Mrs T

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

well that sorts out one day…have to be honest the bit im only looking forward to is getting on the boat to go to the mainland and then the drive up and then the drive back on wednesday and the boat back

Nick

Last time I went up there I got so drunk/hungover that even though I had my bike with me I couldn’t face riding it, problem solved!

stevie750

The 7 staines really is the best thing about D&G.

If you like art and tea shops Kirkcudbright is nice.

maccruiskeen

Monaive and Penpont are nice destinations- and the approach from any direction is gorgeous. The Green(something) cafe in Monaive is top notch. Getting there will probably take you past the front door of Drumlanrig which will smart a bit if you can’t go riding. That whole swathe of galloway just looks fabulous at this time of year, for some reason galloway is always 20% more luscious than the rest of scotland and northern england.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Torture’ is closed to new replies.