Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Torque Wrench Range for Bike use
  • mickyfinn
    Free Member

It’s time a for a new tool Can anyone recommend a Torque Wrench of decent quality and cheapness (Not forgetting the moon on a stick please 🙂 or the Range in which I should be looking.

I’m a serial Nipper up and Aye That’s tight enough. However I have some Carbon and I do want to get it right this time.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Range can be a problem
    Lots of stem bolts and the like can be as low as 4.5 nm , where as cranks bolts can be 45-50nm

Topeak do a nice one as do park
    Personaly I’m a tart I just had to have snap on ones to match the other stuff

cheburashka
    Free Member

Better off with two, one low range (ie Syntace 1-20nm) and one higher, I use a big Teng 20-60nm.

somafunk

Pedros do a very nice teeny one that is a 1/4″ drive and 3nm – 15 nm , perfect for all the small fasteners on the bike if you use a bit holder and interchangeable bits – I use one every day in the workshop for peace of mind – heartily recommended.

Pedros Torque Wrench

jkomo

I bought a park tool one off here that does the high end.
    40nm area. I’ve already got one. I wanted the low range.
    I’d be happy to sell on for same dosh.

sparkerfix
    mickyfinn
    Free Member

cheers for the ideas, it looks like two maybe the best option 🙂

somafunk

There’s now’t really on a bike that needs a torque of more than 15nm, apart from cassette lockrings and bottom brackets but i use the formulae : F-ecking tight, or most of your weight on a decent length lockring tool does them fine.

With the price of some of the components these days and the minuscule bolt sizes it pays to use the correct torque setting and anti-seize compound on the threads as well.

somafunk

Just noticed the superstar link above, that’s a good price as it seems identical in design to the pedros one i use and with the incuded bits it’s a bargain.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Torque Wrench Range for Bike use’ is closed to new replies.