Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Torq 12/12 What you riding?
  • pants
    Free Member

So who is going to this then?

Rode the Cse today which is in great shape and somone has been busy on that bumpy rooty trail with the little step up to the road, which will ride loads better when complete I am sure!

Got my entry, in by all accounts the event is nearly full up according to a shop source, so you had better get your entry in soon!

Just thought i’d give you a heads up!

shortcut

Looking forward to this event. It has been a good crack for the last 3 years and I expect no less this year. Although we seem to have some new bloke on the team which I am sure will be a let down. Needs must.

I will be on big wheels again this year!

pants
    Free Member

I have heard that BIG WHEELS are BANNED!!!! I f you read the small print!!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    shortcut

I doubt that!

rickon
    Free Member

I’ll be solo’ing on a Scott Spark with custom-tuned RS SIDs and Fox RP23 from LoCo Tuning 🙂

Not ridden Torq before, looking forward to the heckling and dusty trails 🙂

pants
    Free Member

Those pesky trail pixies have been at it again!!

pants
    Free Member

You can tell it’s getting close to the event, by the amount of people riding the area! LoL

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Me, solo ss! After all its only 12 hours…. and if I can do mayhem ss in sumo suit… well…. 😉

MicArms

TORQ In Your Sleep Gorrick 12 Hour 2011 Preview from Ben Thomas on Vimeo.</p>

Looking at the above course, looks like I’ll take the hardtail then.
    STW’er owning an inbred, what are the chances of that!!

martinh
    Free Member

A hard tail is fine. One very root section that only becomes a problem if you’re riding solo and its getting dark.

pants
    Free Member

A hard tail is fine. One very root section that only becomes a problem if you’re riding solo and its getting dark

Not any more!! 😀

shortcut

Looking good. Almost excited about it.

BBB first though. 😀

pants
    Free Member

Sponge BoB nearly done! What a delight that will be to ride!! Not Changing the exit though!!!!!!!

It’s easy!!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Rode it yesterday am, a bit muddy & the roots slippery, spongebob was a revelation though, I tend not to bother with it normally but thought I had better do a complete lap – well done to the trail pixies, much, much better.

Looking forwards to trying not to come last in the team event – for the 4th year running – shame is our associated team aren’t in this year & they were always slower than us, so we will be one step closer to the bottom.

Hope its as much fun as the last couple of years

Oh yeh, on an onone- not the 29er though, it has rigid forks & is ok for everything except the narrow ditch between two trees immediately after the bombhole at about 7 miles, so the scandal it is

pants
    Free Member

Course now complete!! Yepp Spongebob has been asking for that for some time!!!!

pete68
    Free Member

How soft is the course now? Thinking of changing to mud tyres or will that be overkill.My only other options are Maxxis Aspens which are pretty slick.Oh, and SC Tallboy in the solo vets.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

mud tyres never been needed there, racing ralph rear and a nobby nic front for me regardless of the weather. Also 26″ HT will do me fine as it does throughout the whole year.

Looking forward to it, best race of the year!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

It was a bit boggy and slippery on Sunday, am due up there for a pootle round tomorrow night (on Rocket Rons), so will post an update on Friday

rock
    Free Member

I’m planning on riding racing ralphs, mainly because I can’t be bothered to switch. Having said that, I’ve never ridden there so really interested to hear others thoughts and any updates on course conditions

rock
    Free Member

This may be a daft question, but are there water taps etc on site to refil bottles?

shortcut

There was a water bowser last year. So yes – there is a source of water on site.

The course was riding well last night despite the rain. Sure there are some puddles but nothing too bad and certainly nothing claggy and horrible.

Tyres wise – run what you brung is the order of the day. There are roots on the course though.

Spongebob is now BrilliantBob after the work that has been done.

pants
    Free Member

The course is riding great! The course is in great shape as a lot of drainage and Cse prep has gone in for this weekend, to help it dry out in the damper areas, which have worked!
    Se you there.

anjs
    Free Member

What no puddle of doom this year?

pants
    Free Member

That has been purposely left in !!! LoL

anjs
    Free Member

Well thats good, oh and thanks to all those who put the hard work in on Sponge Bob

CiderRiderRich
    Free Member

Loved the course the past 2 years I have riden it – can’t wait for this year and the new and improved Sponge Bob.

Made a mistake last year of trying it rigid single speed – my wrists nearly exploded after 8 laps.

This year it is single speed Whippet with Rebas up front – sweet.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Was up there last night 80% of the lap is great. The other 20% was a mix of slippery, puddles & in 2 or 3 cases mud that was about 10-15cms deep and 10m long. I was on Rocket Rons & for some of it sliding about but am staying with them.

The course has had a fair amount of work & spongebob is brilliant also the turn off the tarmac road (just after SB)as been covered so the off camber roots are not an issue. Drainage channels have been cut where possible which have helped a fair bit.

The course is in good condition & the people building it have done a great job. Just watch out on your first lap there are a couple of bits where it goes from fairly hard to quite soft quite quickly and can catch you out [if you are as rubbish as me :-)]

Really looking forwards to it

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Torq 12/12 What you riding?’ is closed to new replies.