Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Top Gear… anybody?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I liked it. Especially his head first dive into the snow.

Amber Heard looked very friendly also. But I’m not sure about the guns.

DezB
    Free Member

Honestly? My son insisted we leave it on before he went to bed. He laughed a few times (but then he is 8 years old).
    It just reinforced my view that Clarkson is the most unfunny wannabe comedian on Tv.

Each to their own eh? 🙂

tiggs121
    Free Member

It’s just not very good. Seems to rely on people taking them seriously for no good reason.

I can see why it appeals to an 8 year old.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CharlieMungus
    Free Member

no, really, what did we learn today?

redthunder
    Free Member

It was Claas 🙂

Loved it :-)…. but then again I would, because it had a combine in it 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

what did we learn

that some bird called Amber looks nice but is a bit of a knob
    snowmobiles can’t be made from combine harvesters
    the BMW M3 is tail-happy and the RS5 suffers from understeer if driven by an old unfunny tosser from Rotherham

redthunder
    Free Member

So if you hate it, why do you watch it ?

Burls72
    Free Member

All the show seems to be about is them d***ing about. Look we’ve crashed, we are such rebals, we are going to get chucked out the country, utter rubbish!

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s so good even people who don’t like it watch it.

brakes
    Free Member

I like some bits, I loathe others
    I also like to come on here and comment on the bits I loathe 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I got bored and turned over when they started ‘accidentally’ hitting the house with the combine.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s just TV – don’t take it or yourselves so seriously.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I got bored and turned over when they started ‘accidentally’ hitting the house with the combine.

Last of the summer wine must have got you seething with rage. 😯

TV is not real. Superman doesn’t really fly. The A-team can’t build a cannon out of what they find in a shed.

Drac

Superman doesn’t really fly.

Yes he does.

Markie
    Free Member

I too liked the headfirst dives into the snow! 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

TV is not real

Not even the fact based stuff?

Hairychested
    Free Member

We were laughing like lunatics watching Clarkson in love. If you dislike it so much there’re other channels, e.g. Sky News or Russia Today.

tron
    Free Member

Russia Today? It’s up there with CCTV in the comedy propaganda stakes.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

it’s like a mountain, I watch it co its there.

They have done some great TV over the past few years, and it’s worth watching in case they pull it out of the bag for an episode. If you’ve got nothing else on, of course.

Tonights was pretty poor though.

Amber = not bothered about gun toting not-very-good-actors even if they are rather aesthetic.

the comedy combine section had peaks and troughs. running out of ideas?

Moe

I got online and googled Amber Heard!!! 😛

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member

Last of the summer wine must have got you seething with rage.

TV is not real. Superman doesn’t really fly. The A-team can’t build a cannon out of what they find in a shed.

So boredom equals rage? 🙄

A randoms opinion on the internet must be bad for your blood pressure.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Used to be good but its well past it now, could’nt face another episode so watched some tosh about a peoples supermarket. Next week I shall patch tubes in’t garage

IdleJon

jimbobrighton – Member
    it’s like a mountain, I watch it co its there.

They have done some great TV over the past few years, and it’s worth watching in case they pull it out of the bag for an episode. If you’ve got nothing else on, of course.

Tonights was pretty poor though.

I agree with most of that apart from the last bit – tonight was utter, total crap. I started hunting around for something else to watch when they went back to the snowcombine with 15 minutes of the prog still to go. Boooorrrrriiingggggg!

And since when did the worst part of the prog, the Star in ARPC, become a long ad for rubbish films?

The single entertaining part was the head dive into the snow.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And the road ahead of the plough appeared to have been ploughed anyway.

But I still quite liked it for nonsense value.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

….its shit. A studio full of simpering divs all laughing hysterically at ‘in’ jokes about skoda’s or the fact that someone owns er …..a passat or vectra or sommat. Hammond with his ‘necklace’ and as for clarkson….. its days must surely be numbered.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Jokes about Skodas? Like the recent episode where JC really praised the Yeti?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

my point is that its shit….. sorry if I am not up on the current trend of what car makes are crap etc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Your point is that it’s crap but you don’t watch it so you can’t know if it is crap is the point I am making…

bigyinn
    Free Member

FFS EVERY Sunday we have this discussion on here.

Nothing changes, yet, oddly the world continues to spin on axis.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I dont watch it. But watched it tonight as brother in law was round and it was crap. As Chunky says- accidentally hitting the house with the combine come snow plough. Exactly….a long drawn out piece about a converated combine with JC shooting fire and Hammond giggling. Ooooh look at James trying to do a three point turn, oh no he has hit a tree, oh no the window has smashed (another shot of some fire)

In fact…….it was piss funny come to think of it.

Yeah, changed my mind , its piss , cant wait for next week !!

bigant

I think maybe the format has run it’s course – still gets a massive audience but these things always run a couple seasons longer than necessary. Bring back William Woolard 😆

I’m more upset with them messing up masterchef …..

johnners
    Free Member

Your point is that it’s crap but you don’t watch it so you can’t know if it is crap is the point I am making…

If you love it so much why don’t you go and live there?

samuri
    Free Member

It’s just TV – don’t take it or yourselves so seriously.

No chance dude, you’re on singletrack, the home of taking yourself too seriously.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

It serves a purpose.

It gives dimwitted simpletons something to talk about to other dullards on a Monday morning.

IanW
    Free Member

FoooKin briliant, top gear and total wipout. Only reason to watch the the stupid box.

RustySpanner

I don’t watch it much because Clarkson makes me want to punch kittens and the pretence of it all really grates, but I’d never try and tell others not to watch it – each to their own eh?

But even James May, whilst on Radio 5 on Saturday morning, claimed that there was room for a decent factual motoring magazine programme to complement TG.

Would be nice to see, especially one that featured a positive view of other road users.
    And if anyone from the BBC is reading, Suzi Perry, Jane Omorogbe and VBH would be the perfect presenters. Ta.

FFS EVERY Sunday we have this discussion on here.

Nothing changes, yet, oddly the world continues to spin on axis.

I find it soothing – a useful counterpoint to the people that post about how much they hate football in some pathetic attempt to reassure themselves and everyone else about their non-proletarian credentials.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Suzi Perry, Jane Omorogbe and VBH would be the perfect presenters

Just buy FHM, and have some real experts on the telly?

LHS
    Free Member

Have to say, I have been a lifelong fan of Top Gear, but this current series is just dire. Very disppointing to watch.

FuzzyWuzzy

I have to record it these days so I can fast forward through most of the shite but there’s still a few minutes worth watching each episode.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

You know, if you hate it that badly, you could write in to Points of View – then we can hear your opinion being read out in a comedy accent as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear… anybody?’ is closed to new replies.