Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Top Gear…
  • CountZero

…Lancia Stratos and Delta Integralé.
    Please can I win the lottery so I can have one of each, please.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Don't mention Top Gear!
    They made a 'Gay' joke again! There'll be a riot in here.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm

djglover
    Free Member

good episode tonight – until they got that moron evans on

Strangelove
    Free Member

I felt a shiver when the Stratos appeared and I will have an Integralé one day.

bigyim
    Free Member

I cant watch top gear anymore, its scripted garbage now, just two blokes begging jeremy clarkson to give him a rusty trombone

backhander
    Free Member

…Lancia Stratos and Delta Integralé.
    Please can I win the lottery so I can have one of each, please.

You sir have sickeningly good taste.
    Delta Integrale Evo in red for me please.

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Evo 2 intergrale is my dream car, can't believe they did'nt show the S4 that was a bonkers car ever by lancia standards.

nicko74

Even by TG standards, the 'push the fit birds to the front of the crowd' tactic tonight is a bit blatant…

igm

I got to drive a Delta GTi once – the Integrale would be very nice.

But that Stratos copy – stick a reliable engine in it, get someone to tune the suspension and brakes ( do TFTuned do fake Lancias?) and that looks like a sensible everyday car to me

steelfan
    Free Member

I used to have a Lancia Delta HF Turbo. It was a great car a real pocket rocket of its time and I never had any trouble with it. The day after I sold it to a guy in North London the police came round my house as it was still registered to me. They had found it abandoned with its whole rear axle ripped away. Turns out the guy I sold it to lost control on a bend and totalled it! I was so gutted. I knew shouldn't have sold it to him as he mentioned that he had just written off his Cosworth.

LMT
    Free Member

Was a bit better tonight, actually had some cars in it! i do think its time for a complete rebuild? refresh? something needs to change as it feels a tad bit predictable, maybe to actually do a car review? when was the last time they did that? and i don't mean a supercar, the last one i remember was the Fiat 500 and that was a while ago.

It makes things worse that 5th gear are trying to copy the same boyish pranks and failing!

backhander
    Free Member

Get rid of May and Hammond.
    A female presenter would balance the show nicely and it wouldn't hurt if she was attractive!

richmars

When I was young and single I had an 8 valve Integrale for about a year. Greatest car ever. Still look amazing. Every few weeks I look on ebay at them and get an itchy finger. Not the quickest car around now but still the only car I really want.

brakes
    Free Member

best of the series so far, the first two were poor
    the caravan air balloon was pants and the celebrity lap thing is boring, I normally do something else while that is on

Swalsey
    Free Member

I think it was the best for a long while – it think they have balanced the silliness (spelling mistake? oh well) for kids/sterotype females well with the car nut material… and Chris Evans was the best guest since Jay whoever (america chat show host)

As someone who had "pre fiat" lancia's, namely Fulvia's I never really had any problems that the later cars suffered from.

They were over enginered, panels fitted a treat evern the electrics were no problems. I did have rusty wheel arches but not un common at the tme with many makes of car. With the Fulvia you used a Hillman wheel arch which was much cheaper & fitted a treat.

Fab cars, oh the handling what a joy, some things were odd like first gear on the dog leg but then again how oftern did you use first gear when out on the road.
    Still got a tool kit & manuals & would love to have one again just for the joy of it.

cinnamon_girl

What was Jeremy wearing please?

willy
    Free Member

anybody know where the lancia section was shot?

PJ266
    Free Member

Somewhere in Wales, I'll ask my mate 😉

Hadge
    Free Member

Two of my all-time favourite cars in one episode – the Delta Integrale and the Stratos!!!!!! I would love an Evo 3 Integrale, my mates got one and it's fantastic.

willy
    Free Member

and not the dales?

mboy
    Free Member

can't believe they did'nt show the S4 that was a bonkers car ever by lancia standards.

Yeah I was a bit gutted at that too. I suppose that whilst it might have been the most technologically advanced car in Lancias history, the early death of Group B and the relative lack of success of the S4 (and the fact that WAY less than the 200 of them claimed were made) meant it was probably much easier for the TG team to gloss over it than to feature it… Sadly!

Glad the 037 got a bit of airtime as it's often much overlooked too, the fact it could keep up with, and beat the Audi Quattro was amazing! Integrale was just way ahead of its time, hence how good it was. I mean, look at the competition. Ford were trying to compete with a bloody great saloon car, Toyota's Celica was still way too big til the mid 90's and Lancia had signed all the best drivers… No way they could fail!

Still love the Stratos more so than any other Rally Car ever, what a machine. I'm so glad they featured the Hawk too, ok it's a kit car, but has there ever been another kit car that looks quite so spot on to the original I don't think. Honestly, you couldn't tell them apart from the outside I reckon. Just need to get a reliable build together, with a decent engine (hello 3.2 V6 out of a 156 GTA! And am I the only person that thinks the V6 in the Hawk sounded decidedly poorly, like it was running on less than 6 cylinders?) and WOW! GIMME GIMME GIMME… 😛

Oh, and Chris Evans, mere amateur car nut compared to Brian Johnson fetching the Sunday papers in his Le Mans Blower Bentley, and Jay Leno picking up undercover cops in his MacLaren F1!

radoggair
    Free Member

still, evans has taste as much as he's slated and not afraid to show people his collection. May ask him if he needs his leaves picked up or gate bolted just to see his cars.

Show was average, lambo was not given enough time and thought about an EVO 3 years ago, but left hand drive and reliability put me off being my only car

yetiguy
    Free Member

Cant stand top gear anymore – so contrived !!

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I don't believe they didn't put the lambo or the integrale round the track…

twosheds
    Free Member

Anyone spot the hole in JC's shoe when he climbed into that car. The fat tight git.

RepacK
    Free Member

Loved watching that "Stratos" wriggling away on the track & that Stig, not only once did he spin & recover but twice on the same lap – he da Man..

Aristotle
    Free Member

Do you believe that the spins were both 'accidental'(The second one, especially, was very neatly executed…) and on the same lap and that all the tail-sliding was necessary?

Don't believe everything that you see on TV.

It was a much better episode this week, more-so for me watching on iPlayer and missing out the 'balloon' and 'the News' bits

snaps
    Free Member

There are some fairly hot Lancias running on the European hillclimb circuits, namely Bruno Ianello & Felix Pailer, both well over 600bhp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRt0epipxQI&feature=related

Russell96

Saw an original Stratos once in a car park, I was frozen to the spot staring at it until the owner came out of a shop and let me have a look at the engine. I've seen a Delorean and a Speed12 but that Stratos is still number 1, sad to say I remember that much about it that I can even point to the spot it was parked in.

PJ266
    Free Member

Walters area near glyn neath and Banwen apparently, South Wales.

mboy
    Free Member

There are some fairly hot Lancias running on the European hillclimb circuits, namely Bruno Ianello & Felix Pailer, both well over 600bhp

That Delta S4 in the first vid has got some serious Supercharger whine going on… Yet you can still hear the kick of the turbo coming on boost under acceleration on top of it! MAD!!!

And yeah, the Stig's spins did look a bit rehearsed, but the Stratos was built to be very unstable (hence easy to flick into tight corners), so I can totally believe how much he was wrestling to keep it in a straight line down the straights…

genesis
    Free Member

Still reckon the only driver to really get to grips with a Stratos was Sandro Munari, have wanted one ever since seeing them going through Clocaenog on the RAC rally.

Oh and never mind the S4, what about the S4 GroupS with a reported 1200bhp?!

My fave GroupB car was the 6r4 and even managed to get a ride in one, have to admit I was a little over excited by it 😳

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Saw an original Stratos once in a car park, I was frozen to the spot staring at it until the owner came out of a shop and let me have a look at the engine. I've seen a Delorean and a Speed12 but that Stratos is still number 1, sad to say I remember that much about it that I can even point to the spot it was parked in.

Heheeee!
    I did something like that the first time I saw an Alfa SZ. I was driving at the time and I nearly crashed! 🙂

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

'Top Gear' went downhill after it featured my T16 Maestro in 1997. 😛

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

STRATOS = AWESOME. In real life they look minute, I defo would love to have a "do" in one of them. 😆

RepacK
    Free Member

@ Aristotle – you CANT make a car handle that badly unless its a dog..Watch it again, that thing is all over the place from the word go..Diving hideously under braking, rear-end squirming like a spaniels arse under any kind of power, more opposite lock than I new existed..That wasnt staged man, no way!

mavisto
    Free Member

Getting really sick of TG messing about!

What was all that crap about the airship? Total waste of my licence fee. If I want to watch sh1t, I'll watch the X-Factor.

I can just about cope with all the hyper-car stuff if it's about the car, but the first 20 mins of each prog so far and the has been complete and utter bo11ox.

And Lancia's were rubbish, are rubbish and have always been rubbish.

CountZero

And Lancia's were rubbish, are rubbish and have always been rubbish.

Well, no one was saying that Lancias were fantastic cars, just that they were pretty cars compromised by appalling build quality. Even the Stratos was picked apart by Hammond and Clarkson. The Delta Integralé didn't get away unscathed, as Lancia didn't do a RHD version, but it was a much better built car than any previous Lancia. The Stratos was a limited run Homologation special, so was never going to be built to production car standards. Doesn't stop either being highly desirable. That Hawk was impressive, but I'd want to get one built by someone who knows how to put a car together so it's reliable, the brakes work properly, the suspension is correctly set up and the engine and g/box have been thoroughly checked over and possibly rebuilt. A 3.2 V6 does sound good…
    I remember seeing a works Stratos go past my house on the way to a special stage at Longleat on the RAC Rally; what a sound, could hear it all the way out towards Lacock, and that's four miles away. Yum.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear…’ is closed to new replies.