Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Toon Toon
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Just saying….

🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Is this a Newcastle United reference?

I only ask as (and I don’t follow football at all) I see that they are 4th in the EPL. How did that happen? Last time I heard of them I thought they were a basket case!

carbon337
    Free Member

I was slated on here in september time when we were flying high for dreaming of CL spot.

Tough run in but I’m gona keep dreaming.

Best bit about it is seeing Liverpool and Spurs having a tough time.

Jamie
    Free Member

NUFC’s scouts deserve a big bonus at the end of the season.

carbon337
    Free Member

Interesting stat i read earlier. Downing cost more than Ben Arfa, Krul, Cabeye and Ba.

It may be wrong like but just goes to show the stupid price of English “talent”

Jamie
    Free Member

So, Mike Ashley is a genius then? I imagine his approval ratings have gone up since last year…same with Pardew 😉

theotherjonv

Cracking set up they’ve got there now. Ashley vindicated for his choice of Pardew (who no-one) wanted and a brilliant scouting / backroom team.

Reminds me of my #1 team, actually. Prudent chairman / board and a great management team. Stand up Reading fans if you are premier league!

white101

It might be raining here in Gateshead, but I have a big smile on my face 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Stand up Reading fans if you are premier league!

…but keep your arms at your sides if you’re Jason Roberts.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Pardew comes across as the smuggest bloke on the planet – I can’t stand him

paulosoxo
    Free Member

That is all 🙂

Mackem

I’m confident they’ll bugger things up somehow.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I’m confident they’ll bugger things up somehow.

Not as much as your useless bag of ex-manc s!it.

The wheels have come right off the O’Neil band wagon.

You need to throw a lot of money at that squad to sort it out.

the_lecht_rocks

I’m scared that we get CL……….. But it’ll be brill anyway!

carbon337
    Free Member

Ha ha got to laugh at mackems, small time club, small town.

Never seen a mackem in Milan. Neither has Davide Santon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I thought newcastle were on the brink of relegation?

Garry_Lager

Alan Carr’s dad is the chief scout is he not?

Amazed at Pardew tbh. Always found him to be a dissembling gobshite who seemed well out of his depth as a premiership manager. That view not entirely supported by this season’s performance 🙂 Binned the spine of the team and has put together a strong side – he has delivered massively.

carbon337
    Free Member

Tj were just not that interested in that game round these parts, well except Tyne valleyists. Nobody cares that much about the falcons.

Proper working class game in these parts. None of that toff game.

Royston
    Free Member

I’m a Reading fan and I’m standing up.
    Pardew did a good job for us at the time which was why we didn’t want him to leave and having so recently been let down by Mark McGhee it was hard to take.

Cracking set up they’ve got there now. Ashley vindicated for his choice of Pardew (who no-one) wanted and a brilliant scouting / backroom team.

Watch out! He has a reputation for sh*gging players wives and ruining it all.

P.S
    It’s just been pointed out to me that if Blackburn survive this season then the EPL will have four managers schooled at Reading at the start of next season.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Carr is showing Wenger up with his knowledge of the French league, and Pardew has got to be on the England shortlist.

What puzzles me is how Newcastle are doing so well with Mike Williamson at centre back. He was proper pony at Pompey.

muggomagic

I hope Newcastle make it to 4th spot. I’ve never been Pardews biggest fan, but the Geordies gave him so much crap when he took that job and what he’s done since is very impressive.
    Oh and by the way. Remind me, who was it that knocked you lot out the FA cup?

white101

I think you’ll find Williamson never played a game for Pompey due to money probs at the club. He’s done well for us since he signed

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Ashley is still pretty much looked upon with a lot of scorn. Most still don’t trust him as far as they can throw the fat nacker… But the team is playing well and most locals are pleasantly surprised but not just counting the chickens before they hatch. We have a pretty tough few games coming and landing a CL spot looks as much down to other teams results as the toons. Even so… Geordies will remain happy even if we don’t get that far, we’re still doing better than anybody hoped or dreamed. After that the summer comes and we’ll see who stays and who goes. Next season will tougher as expectations rise.

chewkw
    Free Member

To win over the Geordies they must end the season in top 4 every year … 😆

comedyphil
    Free Member

As a Newcastle fan, my major hope for this season was to finish mid-table and avoid relegation. The team that Pardew has put together has far outshone my expectations, and full credit must be given to him and to Mike Ashley for appointing him. I won’t deny that I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the sacking of Hughton and Pardews appointment, but there’s no denying the run of results that we’ve been on, so i’m prepared to eat my words. Similarly, I wasn’t overjoyed to see Carroll leave, but when you look at what’s been done with the money that we got for him, it seems an incredibly shrewd piece of business.

All in all, whether we make it into the Champions League or not, I’m looking forward to seeing how we do in the Europa League next season, let alone the Champions League. Howay the lads!

chewkw
    Free Member

I mean at least top 4 every year … 😆

warton
    Free Member

Black and White Army. where’s that top dogs trophy then?

CaptJon
    Free Member

white101 – Member
    I think you’ll find Williamson never played a game for Pompey due to money probs at the club. He’s done well for us since he signed

i wouldn’t believe everything on wikipedia. He was continually embarrassed by reserve players in training.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Toon Toon’ is closed to new replies.