Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Took a while but its here! New bike… :)
  • powerofqman
    Free Member

After much question asking and deliberation on here, I have finally taken the plunge and picked up my new bike! The usual rubbish setup from Halfords but that can be sorted. Just awaiting my shock pump now! Oh and some warmer weather 😉

Not had chance to ride her properly yet but well chuffed with the quality and spec of the bike! What d’ya think?

weeksy

get some tape on that frame !!!!

🙂

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Mate has one, and it’s really nice. It (as you say) came with all the wrong pressures in the shock and fork – easily sorted. Just keep an eye on the pivot bolts near the dropout, his came loose.

timmys

Just awaiting my shock pump now!

…and removal of reflectors, bell and dork disc. 🙂

powerofqman
    Free Member

Just awaiting my shock pump now!
    …and removal of reflectors, bell and dork disc.

Already done timmy! Just took some pictures as soon as I got it home.

Just keep an eye on the pivot bolts near the dropout, his came loose.

Will do buddy. Thanks for the heads up!

andyl
    Free Member

like these a lot.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I recently bought a Boardman HT Comp and v pleased with it. Great spec for the price. I saw the bike taken from the box and it wasn’t far off fully built, so can’t be too much the Halfords crew could bodge surely!

baldSpot
    Free Member

New bikey? Me likey! 🙂

powerofqman
    Free Member

can’t be too much the Halfords crew could bodge surely!

In all fairness, the only things that weren’t setup properly were the rear shock and fork sag and the front brake clearly needs bleeding. The gears have been indexed perfectly. The point is though, when you spend £1000 on something, you expect it to be configured correctly. I am taking it back on Saturday so they can bled the brake though.

powerofqman
    Free Member

Oh and new bars are going on as I like them with a bit more rise than the flatfish one’s that are on! Got some DMR V8’s to go on too but they aren’t exactly the right colour. Might have to treat myself to a set of white ones…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Took a while but its here! New bike… :)’ is closed to new replies.