Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Too hot for protection ?
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

On the bike….

Use kyle straits, but yesterday took them off as it was too hot. Anyone any experience on the evo lite xc pads, are they more suited to summer riding?

romster
    Free Member

Why don't you try the VPD knee pads by POC? Well good for summer, light but do the job………

yetiguy
    Free Member

Maybe time to MTFU. 90 percent of my riding is in the lakes, elbow and knee pads may be overkill anyway?

RealMan
    Free Member

If you fall off lots, no. If you don't, yes.

kaesae
    Free Member

I agree. if you're likely to get injured and lose saddle time or be off work with injuries then use the armour, if not might as well risk it if you feel more comfortable.

IA

If you get benefit from the armour, wear it. It's just knee pads – sweaty knees never hurt anyone!

When riding DH in the alps, in scorching sun yet wearing full armour and full face, the thought that keeps me going is "I'd rather loose a pint of sweat than a pint of blood". And TBH once i'm going I don't notice the armour, the breeze of moving cools you down.

If you're wearing armour to ride up hills you're either very clumsy or doing it wrong.*

*or more hardcore than I can possibly imagine, depending what you're trying to ride up! 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

Never worn it so don't have the issue – I would wear it for a gravity trip abroad but don't feel the need for it over here

Trekster

What M6TTF^^^^says.
    Ride the Lakes as often as I can which is not as often as I used to.

Only time and first time I wore pads was in Spain a few yrs ago. Tested them within the first 1/2ml of first ride on first day when wheel came adrift and I was catapulted over the bars and down the hill 😯

Never worn them since but it is a personal thing, wear it if you want to imo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Too hot for protection ?’ is closed to new replies.