Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Today's Skye Solo – PICS
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Well, cheers again to all who helped with route suggestions around Sligichan.

As it turned out, the locals were telling me that quite a few of the fords were impassable in Glen Sligichan, due to the recent heavy rain 🙁

Ended up pedalling out of Carbost and into Glen Brittle Forest for a circular nine mile rough fire-road thrash, followed by dropping onto the road and taking the path up via the Fairy Pools, descending into Sligichan.

Finished up with a (approx) 12Km road bash back to Carbost.

Had an antique and very wee tripod with me for self portraits ^^

End of the road, dammit!! Had to detour above the felled trees and carry the bike for a bit to get past…

Heading up towards the Fairy pools. The climb up Bealach a Mhaim was about 70% pushing, 30% riding – loads of big rocks and pretty steep.

And looking back…..

Over the summit now – what an amazing descent – well worth the 40 minute push up the other side. Really super-technical, some big drops and beautiful scenery. Bit wet though…

Top notch day's riding – even the 10K on road at the end felt good!

Kit
    Free Member

Looks like you had a good day for it!

user-removed
    Free Member

Mixed – bit of rain… Started cloudy and windy but soon the sun came out. Just sitting having a beer now and rubbing my sore bits. Only one real 'off', but that was right in front of a couple and their crazy dog. It looked like it was going to run into me so I was watching it and lost my line.

Not sure what happened, but I deffo went straight over the bars!!

Met four or five sets of walkers, all of whom were pleasant, but obviously thought I was insane 😀

cuckoo
    Free Member

Great pictures, thanks for posting.

Looks like you still made the most of the trip and found some quality riding.

You were lucky to see the tops of the Black Cuillin too 🙂

didmatt
    Free Member

love the pics, reminds me of many weeks spent on Skye. Very nice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Today's Skye Solo – PICS’ is closed to new replies.