Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • TK Maxx FTW……
  • I love this place

Quicksilver jeans – £24

Diesel T-shirt – £10

Ben Sherman T-shirt – £9

S.Oliver jacket – £40 (rrp £159)

Albeit I do believe they over-exaggerate the rrp’s slightly

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

You going to a fancy dress as a chav ? 😮

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Picked up a 2 year old, £400 ski jacket in the High St Kensington branch the other day. Just the sort of jacket I’d been after as well, a nice subtle shell with decent pockets and good venting.

For £45.

Which was nice.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

TK Maxx for clothes you wouldnt want to be seen dead in

frogstomp

Most of it is tat, but if you time it right the ‘outdoor’ rail often has craghopper, merrell, prana etc. stuff.. picked up a £200 eVent jacket for £30 a couple of years ago..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

frogstomp, +1

I’ve picked up some great Montane and Patagucci stuff over the years. I think the key is to both time it right and not to expect anything. If you go in wanting to buy a specific piece of kit, you will be disappointed. If you get lucky, you get lucky!

trail_rat
    Free Member

if your an odd shape tkmaxx rocks …

30 waist 34 leg – 14 quid for some carhaart jeans !

nbt

the annoying thing with TK Maxx is their tendency to put the security tags right through waterproof gear

you can get some nice stuff though if you time it right

z1ppy

davidtaylforth – Member

Regatta, Craig Hopper, Karrimor – I’m happy to wear this kit, if you not, well your loss.
    Again there is lots of tat I don’t even browse but the out-doors kit can be pretty damned good
    (store dependant – locally Worcester/Merryhell are good, Kiddy’s one is rubbish).

meehaja
    Free Member

just come back from tkmaxx now… animal jeans, £19.99. also they have muc off stuff in at the moment

willard

Might have to hit up the Cambridge branch this weekend and see what they have. Got a nice Crumpler laptop bag for 30 quid the other month…

I can just see taylforth sat there now typing in his Versace suit.

tit

Nothing chavvy, or tatty about this jacket..

What brands do you wear out of interest kingkongsfinger?

allthepies
    Free Member

Quicksilver/Ben Sherman/Diesel

😆 charver!

?????

Ah, sorry I forgot – you’re supposed to wear outdoor clothing all the time to conform on here.

Or, be 50 before you’re 30.

finbar
    Free Member

You can often get nice cheap socks in TK Maxx, but there’s very rarely any clothes in there i’d want to wear. Having said that i did buy some Vivo Barefoot shoes for £25 in there last year, which i was quite pleased with.

Quite normal jeans too – oops, you’ve caught me wearing my G-Star hi-tops – rumbled…….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Great for jeans less so for other stuff but sometimes you find something perfect.

Carhart jeans for £8 the other week.

Gary_M
    Free Member

there really are some cockends on this forum sometimes. Explain what you mean by that statement?

timc
    Free Member

Ben Sherman hahaha

iDave
    Free Member

TK Maxx, for people with a discerning eye, too smart to pay full whack, time rich enough to be able to sort through the kack, who don’t dress like a geography teacher or a blind man with cruel friends.

Well delivered iDave

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

there really are some cockends on this forum sometimes. Explain what you mean by that statement?

I wouldnt ever want to be seen wearing the brands (quicksilver, diesel, ben sherman etc.) that TK Maxx stock, even if I was dead!

If you want cheap and dont care then go to asda, tesco, matalan etc.

TK Maxx stock overpriced branded clothes for people who dont have a clue about dressing well. Middle of the road sort of customers with no class or no style.

Come on then taylforth, divulge your tailor.

Gary_M
    Free Member

TK Maxx stock overpriced branded clothes for people who dont have a clue about dressing well

Do you honestly think all tk maxx sell is ‘quicksilver, diesel, ben sherman etc.’?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ha ha I Dave, beautifully put. If only they stocked bikes! In the past I’ve bought some great stuff from there, oh and anyone who actually does know about fashion layers stuff together from loads of different shops. Its not cool to ask the lady in next to get you the hole outfit that the mannequin is wearing in the window 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have bought quite a few beautiful Katherine Hamnett tops from there.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

david living up to the tayl part of taylforth i see!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Do you honestly think all tk maxx sell is ‘quicksilver, diesel, ben sherman etc.’?

Honestly, no. But any of the other brands they stock fall under the same sort of “category” by association.

And having to shop in the same place as the quicksilver wearing types means my “shopping experience” is severely worsened.

Rich
    Free Member

The less people who like TK Maxx the better for me.

It’s already a lot more popular than it was a few years ago, with less bargains available.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

TK Caxx

As I mentioned earlier, the jacket I bought is made by S Oliver, a German company – it’s a vintage military style in a heavy cotton/canvas material and the cut is really nice when on – should have been £159 (supposedly).

Quicksilver – what’s wrong – they are a sports/casualwear brand. They are a normal cut, stonewashed jean.

Diesel is not chavvy

Ben Sherman, nothing to shout about, but you can’t see the label – it’s just a nice v-necked tee.

I buy clothes from TK Maxx, M&M Direct, Next – I have a fantastic shirt from there, pretty much anywhere that has decent looking clothing at a reasonable price.

DezB
    Free Member

kingkongsfinger – Member
    You going to a fancy dress as a chav ?

Funny!

I got a nice Campag base layer in TKMaxx and some Rohan walking boots.
    You can’t knock it. (well, you can, but you’d be alittle bit silly)

I’m still waiting to hear what taylforth wears.

I’d imagine it may be along the lines of a good friend – always well turned out in a pair of smart shoes, straight legged jeans, a collared shirt and a Ralph Lauren sweater, or similar.

He turns his nose up at the more casual wear of others and generally gets laughed at for his troubles. He looks like he should be on the golf course – all the time.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I bet he drives a Jag. 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The TK Maxx types are generally a bit insecure and are perhaps worried about “fitting in”, thats why they buy branded clothes with company logos emblazened across the front, and TK Maxx is the cheapest place to get them.

Why not shape up and get some confidence, dont worry about what your chosen brand/logo says about you, instead buy clothes based on colours/fabrics/styles/fit. You’ll get some bargains at 2nd hand shops or oxfam et al.

Wear your clothes with confidence.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

TK Maxx stock overpriced branded clothes for people who dont have a clue about dressing well. Middle of the road sort of customers with no class or no style.

You wear chinos, a blazer and sport a fine silk cravat.

scruff
    Free Member

I give Quicksilver a thumbs up as Natas Kaupas works for them. If you say ‘who?’ then that just about sums you up.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

What brands do you wear out of interest kingkongsfinger?

I dont do brand’s or fashion’s just good quality clothes that are reasonably priced, for example “Crane” 🙄

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Why not shape up and get some confidence, dont worry about what your chosen brand/logo says about you, instead buy clothes based on colours/fabrics/styles/fit.

I agree, there is nothing more awful than a chap wearing labels top to toe, even worse if they are 40+ years old.

user-removed
    Free Member

I must say I generally won’t buy T-shirts from TKM due to the huge BRANDING labels all over them – just screams tasteless to me. I do however buy most of my jeans and jumpers there, because they’re cheap and not covered in the makers’ brand names. Also had a few good pairs of shoes off them over the years….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘TK Maxx FTW……’ is closed to new replies.