Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Titus el guapo?
  • wors

£599? What’s the catch, is it a dog?

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Pedal strikes due to low BB are the only negative that seems to be reported,it’s on my list for sure

gazc
    Free Member

really like mine. as above the bb is super low but got used to it now

also paint is a bit thin

robgclarkson
    Free Member

same as gazc here, i barely strike now mind, must have gotten used to it…

wors

What length forks are you running?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i was on 150mm ones, but i switched them for 160mm’s…

this was not to avoid the pedal strike you understand… i was due a fork upgrade anyway….

gazc
    Free Member

150mm revs here

acidchunks

was tempted.

had a play on a mates at gisburn last weekend and now I’m not so sure. Tbh it didn’t help that it was set up for someone lighter and shorter than myself.

anotherstan
    Free Member

mine is excellent! 😀 -though yours may differ! 🙁
    150 revs, 1×9, renthal fatbars, 2.4’s. who cares if the paint chips? it’s a mountain bike – use it, abuse it – buy another when it’s broke!

i did initially catch the pedals a bit, but just changed (improved???) my riding style and now not a problem.

absolute bargain – imo, of course 😉

woods

Changed from orange 5 to EG and to be honest it took a little longer than expected to setup but following a little faff its a great all day bike, perfect for big Lakes miles. Forks are 160mm fox 36 floats with mid rise renthal fat bars at 780mm. Suspect the forks help to raise bb so no pedal strikes at all. Apparently my frame is the V2 so geometry is slightly different than the v3 but ignore the cheap price and keep an open mind.

wors

Cheers lads 🙂

wors

Don’t suppose anyone has a medium around the north west?

james
    Free Member

“ignore the cheap price and keep an open mind”

before they went bust the 2010 V1 frame retailed for £1700 with RP23:
    bikeradar review
    afaik* the onlu on-one tweaks to the V2 were a tapered head tube, colour and cable guide tweaks
    and afaik* the V3 is about equivalent of sticking a 1 degree angleset in the V2/V1 and a 10mm longer top tube (for shorter stems)

*going off what on-one said about them
    so afaik they’re still kinesis/taiwanese made (not US as some of the other alu. titii) so why coupled with on-one being brand/distributer/online shop they can be £600?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Titus el guapo?’ is closed to new replies.