Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tiscali problems
  • jova54
    Free Member

Does anyone else on the forum have Tiscali as their broadband,ISP or email provider.

I’m getting concerned that Tiscali is loosing some of my outgoing emails. Some appear to get through OK but others just seem to disappear.

Something else I’ve noticed is that if I access my email accounts online there is nothing in the Spam folders and hasn’t been for a week or so when previously they were catching 20-30 spam emails a day, but I’m not getting more than a dozen junk mails in my Inbox a week.

General connection to the net seems to be OK.

surfer
    Free Member

I use Tiscali.

Try using a web based provider to run tests. This will use your current interweb connection but be a test to see if it is the Tiscali interface that is losing them

jova54
    Free Member

I’ve tried using Tiscali sending myself emails from two accounts, A emailing B and B emailing A and they both seem to work but I have this nagging feeling.

I don’t appear to be loosing incoming emails just outgoing.

I’ll set up a hotmail account and try what you suggest surfer.

matt_outandabout

Tiscali

^ thats your problem there. Run away fast and get a new broadband provider..

coffeeking
    Free Member

Despite their customer service problems I’ve never yet had problems with the hardware (other than the connection being slow). All servers seem to work all the time, i never lose emails.

jova54
    Free Member

^ thats your problem there. Run away fast and get a new broadband provider..

I know matt but my phone is tied to the bb contract as well and I don’t want to go back to BT

cinnamon_girl

Tiscali are priceless – do they have a customer service? They never answer my letters, keep sending bills and I left them months ago.

The connection was faster than BT whom I am currently with. But am certainly not always receiving emails sent to me. Never had that problem with Tiscali though.

Lummox

managed to escape from a broadband contract after numerous issues, also if your internet connection has failed why do they email you solutions to it?

Useless

bigyinn
    Free Member

You should get an error message coming back if the o/g mail has failed.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I use tiscali at home and haven’t noticed any problems.

jova54
    Free Member

You should get an error message coming back if the o/g mail has failed.

Agreed if they try to deliver it and can’t then you get a delivery failure message. I think that the Tiscali servers are loosing the emails or not forwarding.

I have a good deal with Tiscali icluding phone and bb and apart from the current concerns I’ve had no major problems over the last 4 years I’ve been with them. I’ve also just sent out 200+ flyers touting for business with my email address on so I’ve no desire to cahnge just know.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tiscali problems’ is closed to new replies.