• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Time Atac Rocs with temporary platforms for commuting?!!
  • crustypaulus
    Free Member

I've settled on Time Atac Rocs for my pedal of choice, following various dilly dallying with shimano. I want to use them as pedals for commuting, but several times a week I have to ride in non-bike shoes, hence need a platform pedal.

Here's the toughie – anyone know of a way to put a temporary platform onto the Atacs, perhaps with a spare cleat, that would work for the days I use normal shoes? I know some pedals have the plastic numbers for test rides, but I was thinking something higher quality….

I can always get something laser cut and bolt a pair of cleats on, but I thought I'd check with the panel of experts first….

Paul

uplink
    Free Member

I think it would be far simpler to just buy a pair of cheap flats

I've never seen these 'test' cover you mention, some pedals have detachable plastic surrounds on them But I always believed that was mere to accommodate the requisite reflector rather than any sort of platform

igm

Cheap flats. You can get detachable surrounds that carry reflectors for Time Atacs (I have some) but it's not a platform, and cheap Shimanos sometimes come with a plastic platform (I also have those), but I would get some low quality Halfords flats. Don't get high quality ones as the spikes will eat the soles of normal shoes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Time Atac Rocs with temporary platforms for commuting?!!’ is closed to new replies.