Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tilgate Forest- any news?
  • leggyblonde
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden there since the start of last year when a lot of the trails were ruined during logging. However, I saw some pics taken at the end of summer of some newly built berms etc at what looked like Tilgate. Anyone know about these? I know about the new charge 🙁

tcas146
    Free Member

XC in Tilgate is free and will remain free. The charges apply to the CTC linked Ride Tilgate area thats being developed.

Here’s the link Ride Tilgate

Facebook Linky Facebook Ride Tilgate

The whole area is rideable now after the FC restored the Fireroads and made good the damaged caused by the logging.

Some of the new runs are great fun!

Lifer
    Free Member

Was just about to post the same links tcas!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

excellent! thanks for those, I’ve “liked” the FB thingy and look forward to riding there again

belugabob
    Free Member

We’re riding the,singletrack at Tilgate tonight.
    Meet us at the huts by the K2 sports centre at 1900 if you want to join us.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

is that a regular thing belugabob? Can’t make it for a few weeks but that sounds like a good, if dark way of exploring again.

belugabob
    Free Member

Yes, most Wednesday evenings – keep your eye on the forum at Sussex Muddy@rse MTB Club
    Bring lights 😉

woodsman
    Free Member

tcas146, the xc is free but the words of the CTC at ‘the meeting’ were less than conclusive. The ‘xc is free but should Tilgate get popular…..’

We need to keep an eye on things so to speak, but I agree with your optimism at the moment. 🙂

frogger
    Free Member

Belugabob – I have registered on the Sussex forum as I would love to join you guys for a regular night ride but for some reason I can’t post yet as I have not yet received the activation email. Just thought I’d let you guys know in case there are others that might want to join but can’t get onto the forum.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tilgate Forest- any news?’ is closed to new replies.