Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tight hamstrings.
  • redted
    Free Member

I seem to suffer with tight/painful hamstrings.
    I have found stretching helps them a bit and have a sports massage once a month which also seems to free them off but I don’t seem to be able to prevent it or lessen the effect very much.
    Am I likely to be getting this pain because of my pedalling technique? My quads rarely hurt at all after rides, but I’m unsure if I am wrong to expect them too.
    Any ideas?

scaredypants

I think cyclists “always” have tight hamstrings, unless they stretch or do other sports too

Lactic
    Free Member

Buy this month’s Magazine- there’s a Matt Hart article about this very subject.

timc
    Free Member

I’ve been having a Hamstring problem recently, coinciding with a new road bike…

Latest Diagnosis is an Abductor Muscle problem, which seems to be getting worse without actually riding, its uncomfortable to even sit at my desk at the moment, very frustrating…

marc
    Free Member

How much stretching do you do?

jezdavies
    Free Member

Big problem for me – not been able to ride properly for a long time now. Sitting for prolonged periods still a problem and can ride very short distances only.

Stretching lots however DOES help. I won’t bore you with everything else I’ve tried!

Naranjada
    Free Member

I’ve recently started Ashtanga yoga classes in Manchester with a guy called Granville …if you want to properly stretch just about everything you’ve got, including tight hamstrings, I’d recommend it

LoveTubs
    Free Member

You should experience ‘even-wear’ through both legs, quads and hamis…more the quads GENERALLY (I’m not going into the entire muscle groups available to cycling power throughout the 360 cycle).

Excessively tight HS could be a result of many things, as you rightly suggest technique and position.

Are you able to jump onto a turbo and post a YouTube link for us??

redted
    Free Member

I do about 6 x 20 second stretches? Got this months mag but not read it yet. I’ll check it out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tight hamstrings.’ is closed to new replies.