Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thule Roof bars – Help
  • dafoxster
    Free Member

I have a Thule roof rack for a Mk 2 Ford Focus, but I’ve sold my car before I move abroad. Before I get a new car I’m wondering which other cars my set-up will fit. By new car I mean anything up to 3 years old and it may be anything from a small car to a people carrier.

In the kit is(ignoring car specific fitting kit as I can get a new one fairly cheap):

Thule 753 foot kit
    Thule 861 bars

Does anybody else use this set-up on different cars?

Or does Thule have a resource for searching which cars for particular foot pack?

Also if your car has fixed points for roof bars let me know.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Halfords tell you – you can just type your reg. number into their site and it tells you exactly what you need.

Here

Protip: I’ve used that to look up vehicle details in order to report a van to the council for littering 🙂

I move roof kits between different cars – currently a Focus and a C-Max. Unfortunately I have doubled up on everything due to laziness. Both those cars have fixing points inside the door frame.

Milkie
    Free Member

The Thule Website will tell you if you what you can fit to the car you are looking at.. But not the other way around.

I’m guessing that what you have will fit a wide range of cars, I know the 753/861 combo fits my 10 year old Ashtray.. Therefore a list of what cars it can fit maybe quite biig! 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thule Roof bars – Help’ is closed to new replies.